Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cassie is having a little trouble breathing

Cassie is having a little trouble breathing

I noticed yesterday afternoon (wouldn't you just know it, on a holiday!) that Cassie was sneezing , several times. then I noticed that she holds her mouth open at times, like she can't breathe well. I have actually noticed her doing the open mouth thing since I got her, but I never realized why, it always seemed to be just before a yawn, so I never thought anything of it. it doesn't seem to be an emergency, she is breathing,so I guess I will wait til the morning to call the vet, but I am watching her very close. I also noticed that she is not playing with the others the last couple days, and sleeping alot. why do these things always happen on days the vet is closed?! if it gets any worse I will have to take her to the E.R. vet.

also, Callie's eyes are FINALLY almost healed! it has taken a month, and they are still a little bit sore, but so much better!!

Patches eyes started getting sore looking again about 10 days ago, I started giving the drops to him again and he seems ok now.I just hope this is not an upper respiratory thing with Cassie or they will all catch it!

I'm moved, not unpacked, but moved. I was so tired , and I have a bad cold, that after the movers brought the last of everything, I just locked up the house and I'm still at my Mothers. I couldn't deal with adjusting cats, unpacking and being sick, besides it is New Years, so here I am til tomorrow.

we were watching an old John Wayne movie on tv last night, then realized it was just about Midnight, so I ran in the kitchen to get us something to taost the new year, and then I heard the countdown! we only had time to grab our glasses of lemonade from earlier! and the channel was spanish! LOl it was funny
    Faith in God

poor cassie!
    that has to be unnerving to watch, and wait.
    hope you dont have to go to the er. and hope it all turns out ok!
    -babolaypo

Only that which is the other gives us fully unto ourselves.
    -Sri Yogananda

It's important to have an end to journey toward but it's the journey that matters in the end.
    -Ursula Leguin

I hope Cassie - and you feel better very soon! It's typical, cats tend to get sick on holidays when the vet is closed, but I hope you don't have to take her there!

Best of luck with your new place!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Poor Cassie, hope you are feeling well soon little one.

Glad to see you are back on line, TC. Hope the move went smoothly
    Nicole, Mini, Jasmine, Pickles, Tabasco, Schnaggles and Buffy

took Cassie to the vet today after all, I was too worried about her, mostly because of the open mouth thing, that scared me. well he really didn't say anything, I should have known better... keep her away from the others for 7 days, watch her, if she gets worse bring her back in (duh) it's probably a mild upper respiratory infection, due to the stress of the move(and I thought she was the easy going one!) she was so scared, and did not act at all like herself today, kept trying to get away and back into the cage! I never saw her like that before
    well, the good news is that Callie eyes are even better tonight than this morning!
    I'm going to the new house tomorrow, tonight is my last night here. if I can survive the next week without losing my mind, LOL, and if the cats don't all get the eye infections back, I will be so happy!
    Faith in God

T.C.

Sounds like you've had alot on your plate lately. I hope you're feeling better. There seems to be an awful lot of sneezing and stuff in cats. Mollie Rose started yesterday. I immediately started her on Interferon and Orbax, which is what the vet prescribed the last time she had it. Worked like a charm.

I hope Calle is okay and recovers soon!

Take care.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Mary, I sure hope that Calle will be okay and back to normal soon. I also hope that you feel better soon too. My Pepper still sneezes sometimes so I'm also watching him closely. All fingers and paws are crossed here. Good luck.

thanks all. I am going to call her regular vet tomorrow. I just don't think they took her seriously enough today, I'm still worried about her open mouth breathing and snorting, I wonder if it could be sinuses? I am going to bring her intot he bathroom with me now, to breathe the steam from the shower, something we can both use! she had her head on my pillow with me a few minutes ago, so cute!
    Faith in God

I hope Cassie feels better soon. And I'm glad to hear that Callie's eyes are getting better.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

I hope you and Cassie get better real soon !! It is NOT fun , hey , when you or the kiddo's are sick on a holiday !!

I hope your kitty feels better. Mouth breathing isn't normal and to that emergency vet for blowing you off.

Hi,

Congratulations on moving in to the new place and best wishes on the unpacking.

I hope that Cassie is feeling better after having been "steamed" in the bathroom. Arizona is very very dry and the sneezing etc may be partially related to that fact. When you take her into the vet ask about getting a humidifier to help her breathe.

Hopefully this is just related to the move and will clear up ASAP.

thanks for the good wishes everyone.
    a humidifier might be a good idea, I hadn't thought of that...I could use it too, I keep getting bloody noses! and it just doesn't stop! I went to pick up a cat tonight after I got back from the new house and unpacked some, set up the bedroom and kitchen, and a drop of blood got on the carpet. then I had the next 10 minutes of stuffing kleenex in my nose til it stopped bleeding all that went on while I was trying to give 3 cats their meds
    the cable guy was their today so thats done, but I am still waiting for mymail box keys, I WOULD LIKE to GET MY MAIL!!
    I took Cassie to her regular vet and am much happier with her answer. she has to take amoxi(?)...pink antibiotic, 2 times a day for 20 days, and neosynephrine drops, I forget how long, I don't have the instructions right here. and she has to be kept away from the others for 3 weeks. sh** just when Patches and Callie are almost better. I don't know how I'm going to keep her separate, but I guess I will think of a way. she won't like it LOL.
    Happy New Year!
    I hope I don't always sound like such a complainer, I guess I do. but geeeeze I'm tired of all this. my mother asked if I wanted to go look at kittens at Petsmart. very funny
    Faith in God

Hang in there!!! You are a wonderful cat mom ... and the kitties and you are all just feeling the stress of a major move ... things will get better! Happy New Year to you all!

Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

thanks Kim! I will either hang in there or hang myself lol... j/k. it will be ok. I'm taking the kitties there tomorrow.......
    Faith in God