Thread: Cheerful Cherry, the working cat!

Cheerful Cherry, the working cat!

Dearest Cherry, a.k.a. Cherokee, what a beautiful lady you are! That colorful Calico fur is so pretty and looks so soft, and what a sweet face you have with those long white whiskers and lovely big golden eyes. Your color scheme blends in so well with your surroundings in that great photo, and thank you for sharing it with us! You look like you could easily make yourself almost invisible there, with only the white fur showing a ghostly cat! I wish I could reach through the screen and over to Cape Girardeau, MO to pet you! I can't, of course, but I know your loving and beloved Meowmie will pet you for me .

And what an interesting tale you have to tell! You're not just gorgeous, you're also a "working cat," a true professional! You help your dear Meowmie in her (and your) very important work as a licensed professional counselor. She provides the talking part of the service, and you fill in with the cuddling part, providing a very specialized form of pet therapy. By hopping up on your clients' laps, you help them feel more comfortable during their sessions, giving them something extra special by being instantly loved and accepted. You use a variety of techniques: the "ball," the "head butt," and your favorite, the "baby." Your clients clearly enjoy your work, many saying you lessened their nervousness on that scary first visit. One client even named her new kitten after you! What a terrific service you provide, working with Meowmie. You and she love each other very much, don't you. What a wonderful love-filled home you share!

Congratulations, darling Cherry, on being chosen today's Cat of the Day! We hope you and your dear Meowmie and all your family and friends and clients are enjoying a fine celebration, full of fun and lovies and all your favorite games and treats.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Cherokee the Helper and Healer!

Hi Cherokee, a.k.a. Cherry! Congratulations on being crowned Cat of the Day, and what a most deserving honoree you are!

I was so touched, Cherry, reading your backstory, learning of your very special role as your Mommy's therapy assistant, the invaluable work you do, helping to comfort and calm the nerves of your clients with your quiet, unconditional love! And what a most impressive array of techniques you employ as you work your magic..."the ball," "the head butt" and my favorite, "the baby!" You truly are a working kitty, though surely your job is a labor of love, born of the gentlest of hearts! (Honestly, I'd book an appt. with your Mom just to be on the receiving end of one of your head butts!)

My mommy is a licensed professional counselor, and she is very good at the talking part. Sheís not so great at the cuddling part, though, so my job is to provide a very specialized form of pet therapy. By hopping up on our client's laps, I am able to help them feel more comfortable during their sessions. And they get something extra special by being instantly loved and accepted
    How lucky your clients are, having your as their most welcome source of comfort! In fact, so special are you, one of your clients named her kitten after you! What a well deserved honor, indeed! Your legacy lives on! But no one is luckier than your Mommy, having a beautiful, gentle and loving, dedicated and devoted furkid and best friend in you! What a treasure you are, Cherry, one in a million, just as special as can be!

Thanks for the BIG smiles, Cherry! Meeting you today has been a joy! I hope you are enjoying your well earned day of celebrity...spending some leisure time in your backyard, working off some of your own stress; munching on some yummy kitty treats and cuddling with your Mommy; being loved and pampered to pieces by your Mom, your clients and all of your adoring friends and fans! Lots of love, cuddles and smooches to you, precious Cherry, our very special and most deserving Cat of the Day, EVERY day!!!

SO beautiful!!!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Congratulations on being Cat of the Day, Cheerful Cherry!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Hello, Cherry in Missouri! Happy Cat of the Day!

What an important job you have as your mom's assistant and support kitty to her therapy clients! People seek help for many reasons and I am sure the techniques you use - such as the ball, the head butt, and the baby - can be extremely helpful, especially for the sometimes-scary first visit! You provide your special acceptance and support as your mom works with her clients.

You are a gorgeous lady, too! I like your calico fur pattern, your golden eyes, and your long white whiskers! Your fur looks so smooth and soft- I would gladly pet you if I could! Since that's not possible, though, I hope your mom will give you some extra pats and hugs for me. You are a very beautiful kitty!

Happy, happy Cat of the Day to dear Cherry!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Concatulations dearest Cherry on being chosen COTD. You are a very important Collegue of your Mom. I would'nt mind making an appoiintment
    with your Mon so that I can enjoy your soothing techniques. Have a great day sweetheart.