Thread: Goodbye Misser

Goodbye Misser

Tomorrow at 11:00 AM, our backyard kitty will be put to sleep. She has been deaf for a long time, her teeth are bad, and now she can’t walk up the few steps to the woman who looks after her. She has also lost weight, and is only half the size she used to be. So it has been decided to let her go before she suffers more.

I saw Misser in 2006 for the first time, she was on the scaffold just outside my window - she was pregant. I had no idea until a few days later, and I wondered how she got up on that scaffold. I have no idea how old she was, but my guess was 2-3 years old.

She had her tabby kittens, three of them, and later she had five tuxedo kittens. I posted about them, so there are pictures. The pictures are here:
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/album.php?albumid=328

A neighbor and I helped the shelter trap the kittens, but Misser was really difficult to get close to. It took years before she was TNR’d. A resident in our building had lost her own cat previously, so she agreed to look after Misser. She slowly started coming in to her flat, but she was outside most of time. I know Misser enjoyed her yard very much and she had a good life. The Dutch woman who is keeping the yard and planting flowers, loves cats, too. She is the one who will take Misser to the vet tomorrow. She says “I will miss my little “collegue” very much. So will I. It’s only three days ago I went down with some slices of duck and she gobbled it up.

Please send Misser some kind thoughts for an easy journey to the RB. She will be missed.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Rest in peace Misser, you will be missed on this Earth, but your pain will be gone.
    I've Been Frosted

Dearest Sweet Misser, we are sending you loads of kind thoughts and loving wishes and warm energies for you to have an easy, peaceful journey to the Rainbow Bridge. My treasured Poppy and Sydney and Bob and so many other Angels will greet you and welcome you there.

You have lived a wonderful life here on Earth with people around you who love you very much and will miss you very much. And you and your kittens are beautiful! (My deepest thanks to you, Randi, and neighbors for taking such good care of and loving precious Misser.) Blessings to you all, and safe journey and safe Home! You will all be together again, One Fine Day..

With love from your friends in America, Sparkler and Galaxy (cats) and Pat (human).

Last edited by phesina; 06-05-2020 at 03:22 PM.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Sending Prayers and Positive Thoughts to Misser.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

RIP Misser

Thank you and your neighbor for caring so well for an orphan kitty for so long- she definitely knew love and peace while she lived, but chose to maintain her 'freedom' throughout- we've maintained many a confirmed feral cat and managed to domesticate and home a few, and it's always heartrending to lose one of our special friends like this.
    You have done so much for Misser- this is the last, merciful gift you can bestow- freedom from pain and suffering, blissful peace. I hope she comes to you with purrs from RB to thank you for all you've done for her- she had a MUCH better, happier and longer life because of you.

bowlkat
    "If they could cross Man with the cat, it would improve
    Man, but it would deteriorate the cat." - Mark Twain

Thank you for your replies. Misser was taken to the vet that the woman who is keeping the yard, used for her own cats. She managed the car ride well, and I was told she went peacefully. However, she bit the woman who had signed up to care for her. In the process, she lost a tooth, so they must have been pretty bad.

A black kitty have been coming over to our yard in the evenings in recent years, he seemed to get along well with Misser and we believe he is the father of her black kittens. He will surely miss her, but perhaps take over her domain.

Rest in peace, Misser and meet the other kitties who went before you.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Rest in peace, dearest Misser, whole and healthy again, a glorious Angel now with so many Angel friends welcoming you.

We hope so much that Mr. Black Kitty will indeed keep coming around and take over Misser's domain!

Last edited by phesina; 06-05-2020 at 05:02 PM.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

So Sorry...

I'm so sorry, Randi. I know how much you enjoyed having Misser as a part of the neighborhood family all of those years. It's comforting knowing she didn't pass alone. Hopefully now Mr. Black Kitty will carry on her legacy, taking up the mantel.

Rest in peace now, sweet angel Misser. You were loved by so many, never to be forgotten.

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Aww RIP Misser. She's in a better place Thank you to you all who helped her live a better life. Maybe the new black kitty will help in coping with her passing.

Dear Misser, run happy and free over the Rainbow Bridge. How wonderful to have had nice people to take care of you. Please send some purrs down to them to help them through this difficult time. You will be missed and loved always.