Thread: Gash the Survivor!

Gash the Survivor!

Hi Gash! Happy Cat of the Day to you, beautiful boy, and to your Mom and Dad and fur sibbies Profit and Swanky too!

Oh my! Your Mom's recounting of your early life had me on the edge of my seat, sweetheart! Being a nurse I have pretty strong stomach. But with the great reveal (maggots) my insides turned out! Thankfully your Mom rescued you from an uncertain fate, and just in the nick of time! It's caring and compassionate people such as your Mom and Dad who restore my faith in human kind! I'm sorry you lost your tail, Gash, but the loss of a tail a small price to pay when the reward is good health and a loving furever family!

How blessed your Mom and Dad, your siblings Profit and Swanky are, having a furkid, a best friend, a furry family member in you, Gash! Your indomitable spirit and will to survive, your joy for life are truly an inspiration to us all!

Thanks for the BIG smiles, Gash! Meeting you today, reading your amazing rags to riches backstory has been such a treat! I hope you're enjoying your well earned day on center stage...playing with Profit and Swanky, cuddling with your Mom and Dad, being loved and pampered to pieces! Lots of love, hugs and smooches to you, brave, beautiful Gash, our very special and most deserving Cat of the Day, EVERY day! Love to dear Profit and Swanky, too!

Gorgeous Gash!!!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Dearest Gash, you are stunning! What a gorgeous Longhair Tabby mix guy you are! My orange and white (Shorthair) Tabby girl Sparkler says "Hello, Meow!" That long, fluffy orange and white fur is utterly luxurious, so beautifully colorful and soft-looking, and you have the sweetest face with those lovely big orange eyes that match your fur. I wish I could reach through the screen and down to Dayton OH to pet you, and pet your dear housemate kitty pals Swanky and Profit too! I can't, of course, but I know your loving and beloved Purrrents will pet you all for me .

And what a story you have to tell! When you were just a kitten, you and your two dear siblings were cruelly abandoned in the middle of winter. Your dear Meowmie-to-be found your sister and took her to the Humane Society, but she couldn't find you and your other sib. Then come spring, one day she saw a "bright orange puff ball chasing a rabbit in my back yard." She left you some food so you wouldn't kill the bunny. And that's how it all began!

She started feeding you every day after work. A couple of weeks later, she noticed you had a lot of burrs tangled in your fluffy tail. It got worse as time went on. She and her boyfriend took you to the vet, who found "an army of maggots" on your tail. It turned out your tail had been paralyzed by a hind-end injury. You would drag it behind you, and it got infested and then infected. You were brought in for treatment just in time! I'm so grateful to your dear Purrrents for saving you and getting you all fixed up. Blessings to them and you and the vet and your siblings and all concerned!

Now you are their stubby-butted little buddy who has lived with them since last July. You had a little adjustment time, but you are now healthy, happy, and one of the sweetest kitties Meowmie has ever known! You and she and her boyfriend and Swanky and Profit (who are also two wonderful, wacky sweethearts!) all love each other very much, don't you. What a wonderful love-filled home you share!

Congratulations, darling Gash, on being chosen today's Cat of the Day! We hope you and your dear Purrrents and Swanky and Profit and all your family and friends are enjoying a fine celebration, full of fun and lovies and all your favorite games and treats. And I hope and pray that your dear missing sibling wound up safe and happy in a wonderful home, too!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

What a beautiful orange and white kitty you are, Gash.
    I am sorry you had to lose you tail.
    Congragratulations on being Cat of the Day!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Hello, Gash in Ohio! Happy Cat of the Day!

I am so sorry about your tail, but I am also very glad you are now healthy and happy! Your dark orange and white fur looks so fluffy and soft! I would be very glad to pet you -- since I can't, though, I hope your people will give you bunches of hugs and snuggles for me!

You adjusted after the loss of your tail, and now you have two kitty buddies who keep you company, Profit and Swanky. You are happy and safe - and a much loved kitty guy! As it should be!

Happy, happy Cat of the Day to Gash!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678