Thread: Beautiful Barnum!

Beautiful Barnum!

Dearest Barnum, you are beautiful indeed! What a stunning Lynx-point Birman gentleman you are, with that fluffy colorful Birman-pointed fur and the sweet face with those long, LOOOONG white whiskers and bushy white ear-tufts and lovely big blue eyes. You are so handsome standing by that post with your tail curling around behind it and looking straight out at me. I wish I could reach through the screen and down to Dallas to pet you, and pet your sister, Kit E. Kat, and brother, Bongo Kitty, too! I can't, of course, but I know your loving and beloved Purrrson will pet you all for me .

And what an amazing story you have to tell! My heart was in my mouth to read of you and your siblings, all kittens, abandoned in the middle of a busy-traffic road just as the circus was getting out. How utterly wonderful that your dear Purrrsons-to-be saw you and jumped out to rescue you all! Then they tried returning you all to the nearest house. Those people took your siblings in but not you because they "didn't like that one." (How can anyone not like a kitten???) (And I sure hope those weren't the same people who had put you all out in the street before.) So, you came Home with your new dear Purrrson!

You settled right in to your new home, finding the litter box and then the food dish, and then it was playtime! You were thin and covered with huge Texas-sized fleas, so you got your first bath that night. Since then, you've grown into the wonderful, beautiful cat you truly are. You adore your dear sister Kit E. Kat and dear brother Bongo Kitty and your dear Purrrson. You're a "dog-cat," following him/her everywhere. You love to greet her/him at the front door each evening after work. You "flop" down, tummy up, awaiting your daily tummy-rub and game of mouse. You have Purrrsonality PLUS, swaggering around the house swishing your tail. You look up at him/her with those big blue eyes, and your wish is her/his command! You both and your kitty siblings all love each other very much, don't you. What a delightful love-filled home you share!

Congratulations, darling Barnum, on being chosen today's Cat of the Day! We hope you and your dear Kit E. Kat and Bongo Kitty and Purrrson and all your family and friends are enjoying a fine celebration, full of fun and lovies and all your favorite treats and games, maybe another tummy-rub and game of mouse!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Beautiful Barnum!

Hi Barnum! A very happy Cat of the Day to you, sweetheart!

What a stunning, most beautiful, blue eyed Lynx-point Birman boy you are, Barnum! I must say, it's hard to believe you're 18 years young! You look like a youngster!

I SO enjoyed reading your human's love filled tribute, learning of your amazing rags to riches, homecoming story! It's amazing, you and all of your bothers and sister surviving all of those cars traveling down that busy street outside of the circus! But to think that you all actually had a home, yet left to wander the streets, and after being returned to your home, YOU being denied entry; unwanted. Well, that "family's" loss was your furever family's huge gain. No doubt fate had a hand that day in leading your humans to you that night, and with one paw in the door you knew you were home! And the rest is happy history!

He stepped foot into the apartment without any fear, found the litter box, then the food dish and then it was playtime!
    How lucky your human family and sister Kit E. Kat, and brother, Bongo Kitty are, having a beautiful, personality packed, sweet and loving furkid and best friend in you, Barnum! You truly are one treasure of a boy, Barnum, beautiful inside and out, purrfection on 4 paws! Just as your Mom says, a human couldn't hope for more in a furkid!

I couldn't have special-ordered a more perfect kitty - he is so loyal and loving - and to think I found him playing in traffic!!
    Thanks for the BIG smiles, sweetheart! Meeting you has been such a treat! I hope you're enjoying your big day in the spotlight...swaggering about the house, strutting your stuff, hehe; playing with Kit E Kat and Bongo Kitty and your mouse; receiving tons of belly rubs; being loved and pampered to pieces! Lots of love, cuddles and kisses to you, beautiful Barnum, our very special and most deserving Cat of the Day, EVERY day! Love to dear Kit E Kat and Bongo Kitty, too!

Beautiful Barnum!!!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Hello, Barnum in Texas! Happy Cat of the Day!

What a gorgeous gentleman you are! I like your blue eyes, your white whiskers, your ear tufts and your wonderful markings! I see your full, plush tail in the picture too!

I am so glad you were rescued right out of traffic that night. Your first family didn't want to let you in, so home you came! You took care of some necessities first (litter pan and dinner) and then time to play! You joined house mates Kit E. Kat and Bongo, and that was it! As it should be! I hope your people will give you, Kit E. and Bongo some hugs and snuggles for me to celebrate a special day! (Kit E. and Bongo for future Cats of the Day!!)

Happy, happy Cat of the Day to beautiful Barnum!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Congratulations beautiful Barnum on being Cat of the Day!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana