Thread: Wonderful Winnie!

Wonderful Winnie!

Dearest Winnie, you are absolutely precious! What a beautiful, sweet, mature lady you are! You are gorgeous, with that long, fluffy tabby-patterned fur and those big paws and thick ear-tufts and long white whiskers. You look like you just might have some Maine Coon heritage! Thank you for sharing all those great photos with us. You are adorable in every one of them, and that jeweled necklace is stunning on you! I wish I could reach through the screen and over to Loveland, CO to pet you. I can't, of course, but I know your loving and beloved Purrrsons will pet you for me .

And what an uplifting story you have to tell! You're an older, blind, diabetic feline who was staying at a vet's office after you'd been surrendered. (Many thanks from us, too, to that terrific kind vet for saving your life!) That was where you met your dear Purrrson-to-be, and you adopted each other! He/she had never had a diabetic or blind cat before and was unsure of being able to take care of you.

As it turned out, you took care of her/him! You sit quietly for your insulin shots, helping him/her become comfortable with the process. And while you lack the sense of sight, your other senses are all heightened. You sense the energy level as you make your way between spaces and furniture and rooms. You love playing with balls and your mice and the vertical and horizontal scratching posts. You also love listening to the birds and squirrels, and you enjoy the fresh air. Your dear Purrrson absolutely cherishes you! You're kind, gentle, considerate, loving, spacious, and generous. He/she has so many more loving things to say about your delightful Purrrsonality. You're the most incredible feline she/he has ever known, "..the closest soul to perfect, if not perfection itself!" You love each other very much, don't you. What a wonderful love-filled home you share!

Congratulations, darling Winnie, on being chosen today's Cat of the Day! We hope you and your dear Purrrson and all your family and friends are enjoying a fine celebration, full of fun and lovies and all your favorite games and treats.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Gentle, kind, wonderful Winnie!

Hello, Winnie in Colorado! Happy Cat of the Day!

What a gorgeous lady you are! I like your fluffy, multi-colored long fur - which looks so soft to pet! I also like your l-o-n-g white whiskers and your full, floofy tail! You look very nice in your jeweled necklace, too! Beautiful!

I smiled as I read about how you have helped your person to learn your care. Together you have learned how to manage the daily insulin injections, and you assisted your person to become confident. You move from room to room, sensing the different energy levels. You enjoy fresh air and listening to the sounds of birds and squirrels. You also play with balls, toy mice, or your scratching posts! You are a very busy lady!

Your person writes that you are kind and gentle, considerate, loving and incredible! You are "..the closest soul to perfect, if not perfection itself!" PURRRRR-fect! You are also a greatly loved lady!

Happy, happy Cat of the Day to beautiful, wonderful Winnie!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Concatulations dearest precious senior kitizen on being chosen COTD. You look fabulous with yor jewelled collar.
    I wishyou and your purrsona very happy day and lots of pets and treats.Take care and enjoy your life.

Beautiful Wonderful Winnie!!!

Dear Winnie~

There are no words adequate to describe how moved I was reading your life affirming, rags to riches backstory, your dear human's heartwarming and love filled tribute! You, brave, beautiful Winnie, are the poster girl not only for rescue, but senior rescue; special needs rescue! Others may have given up, handed the health challenges you have been handed: diabetes and blindness! But not you! Through it all you've taken what life has dealt you in stride, continuing to enjoy life and your human to the fullest! What an inspiration you are!

I have had the honor of being Mom to two "sugar kitties" over the years and though a nurse, having administered countless of insulin "shots" to humans, even I was nervous giving those first few injections. As we say in the medical field, treating your family is a whole different story! But like you, my kitties took me in their paws, assuring me it would be OK, taking their shots like champs! As your human was focused on supporting you, you were supporting her, and together you learned! What a team!

For her shots, Winnie would move to the
    kitchen rug, and sit, while I prepared the needle. She didn't give me any trouble, and 95% of the time, she sat their dutifully, and supported me until I was more comfortable with the process.

We are so, so very thankful to your hero vet for rescuing you, to your amazing, devoted Mom for giving one most deserving special needs senior a 2nd chance at a happy life, and oh, what a blessed, love filled life it is! What a lucky girl! But no one is luckier than your Mom, having a furkid, a furry soulmate, a never ending source of unconditional love and inspiration in you, Winnie! You truly are one in a million, Winnie, purrfection on 4 paws, a gem!!!

Winnie is kind, gentle, considerate, loving, spacious and generous. Her unconditional love, trust, encouragement and faith is every expanding. She is social, protective, aware, and optimistic. She shares, communicates, connects and initiates. She is the most incredible feline I have ever know, and the closest soul to perfect, if not perfection itself.
    Great thanks to your Mom for sharing your heartwarming backstory with us, your utterly heart-melting photos with us; giving us the pleasure of paying tribute to one brave, beautiful girl and the very special place you hold in her heart! I hope you enjoy a very special day of celebration, sweetheart...playing with your ball and mice; enjoying the sounds of the critters and some fresh air; cuddling with your Mom; being love and pampered to pieces, treated to all your heart desires and more! Lots of love, cuddles and kisses to you, brave, beautiful Winnie, our VERY special and MOST deserving Cat of the Day, EVERY day!!!

Beautiful Winnie!!!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

No one deserves to be Cat of the Day more then you, Wonderful Winnie!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana