Thread: Goose the Greatest!

Goose the Greatest!

This is Goose (as in "Silly Goose"). He is quite simply one of the greatest cats of all time. He is the most social and playful cat you'll ever meet. Goose was adopted from a shelter in Manhattan. The day I met him, he calmly allowed me to hold him while doors slammed and dogs barked around us. He charms everyone he meets, even those who claim not to be "cat people," perish the thought!

Goose has an indomitable spirit, and he's interested in everything. His hobbies include - but are not limited to - playing with his favorite fish-on-a-string-on-a-stick toy, fetching his toy mouse, turning the pages of the book I'm reading, watching nature/bird DVDs (and baa-ing like a sheep), lounging in the bathtub or sink, watching shadows on the wall (again, while baa-ing like a sheep), going for walks down the hall, chasing his tail (he's no dummy, he knows that it's his), grooming people with particularly hairy legs, people watching, drinking water from the tub faucet, giving hugs, and napping (seen here). He also enjoys answering the door with me and welcoming guests into our apartment, in part, I think, because he has become accustomed to food deliveries. A cat of the world and a student of grooming techniques, Goose also enjoys the occasional shampoo and blow dry, and he actually seems to like having the nails on each of his 22 toes clipped. Life is better with my Goose.
    Hello, Goose in New Jersey! Happy Cat of the Day!

What a sweet fellow you are, with your tabby and white fur, and all 22 of your toes!

You are interested in everything! You play with your favorite fish toy, or your toy mouse. You have your own kitty TV, nature/bird DVDs! You welcome people into your home, answer the door and give hugs! You are the greatest! I like your spirit, your 22 toes and all the rest of you!

Happy, happy Cat of the Day to Goose!
    Last edited by cassiesmom; 06-20-2019 at 08:39 PM.

Dearest Goose (as in "Silly Goose"), you are adorable What a beautiful lady you are, with that colorful tabby and white fur that looks so soft, and those feet with so many toes (22!), and that sweet face with the cute pink nose and those white whiskers and eyebrows, and I bet your eyes are lovely and gorgeous, too! You are so comfortable and content in those great photos, and I wish I could reach through the screen and over to Morristown, NJ to pet you! I can't, of course, but I know your loving and beloved Purrrson will pet you for me .

And what a delightful Purrrsonality you have! You're calm and charming and interested in everything. You are a very busy kitty! You're full of energy and make your dear Purrrson smile with your antics. You enjoy playing with your fish and mouse toys, baa-ing like a sheep when you watch nature/bird DVDs or shadows on the wall, chasing your tail, grooming hairy hooman-legs, answering the door and welcoming visitors, especially the ones with food deliveries! You even seem to like having all 22 toe-nails clipped! Your dear Purrrson says, "Life is better with my Goose." You two love each other very much, don't you. What a wonderful love-filled home you share!

Congratulations, darling Goose, on being chosen today's Cat of the Day! We hope you and your dear Purrrson and all your family and friends are enjoying a fine celebration, full of fun and lovies and all your favorite games and treats.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Dear Goose, what a handsome boy you are. you look so soft and fluffy, and your face is adorable.
    And you are polydactyl! The more toes, the merrier. You even like your nailtrims and the occasional bath. You are way ahead of most kitties!
    You are a man of many hobbies. And you are social and playful. You like answering the door, especially when there's a food delivery.
    And after all that activity, you enjoy a good nap.
    Goose, you are a special and precious boy, and I wish you and your family a great day full of celebration and food deliveries, and many more happy and healthy years together.
    Willa (5/1/1997-3/17/2018)

Congrats on being Cat of the Day, handsome Goose!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana