Thread: Is it a plott?

Is it a plott?

Hi there! Greetings from Poland

I've registered mainly to find out, with your help, what kind of a mix my rescue is. Her name is Essa, she's more or less 3 years old and she looks a lot like a plott hound but wirehaired (so only immediately after having been stripped) and double-coated. Also, she's quite large, almost 70 lbs.

You can see what she looks like on Instagram, @eska.nebeska

So maybe a PH/lab/german shepherd/pitbull mix? What do you guys think? Thanks!

(Or should I post this in a different section?)

Hi, and welcome to Pet Talk! A beautiful mix of many breeds is my guess, certainly some Shepherd in there, maybe Plott Hound though I would expect floppier ears ... anyone else?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    I've Been Frosted

Essa is a gorgeous girl!
    Like Karen said, she probably represents many breeds. You could do a DNA test on her. There are quite a few available online, reasonably priced.
    Willa (5/1/1997-3/17/2018)

Dearest Essa, whatever breed(s) you might be, you're utterly adorable! What pretty fur, and what a sweet face!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Beautiful essa. Although you are bred from other non-purebred dog breeds, you look quite cute

Quote Originally Posted by mg-sior View Post
    Hi there! Greetings from Poland

I've registered mainly to find out, with your help, what kind of a mix my rescue is. Her name is Essa, she's more or less 3 years old and she looks a lot like a plott hound but wirehaired (so only immediately after having been stripped) and double-coated. Also, she's quite large, almost 70 lbs.

You can see what she looks like on Instagram, @eska.nebeska

So maybe a PH/lab/german shepherd/pitbull mix? What do you guys think? Thanks!

(Or should I post this in a different section?)

Beautiful essa. Although you are bred from other non-purebred dog breeds, you look quite cute