Thread: We have kittens ...

We have kittens ...

Marigold, our lovely Tortoiseshell, had her kittens sometime early this morning.

Yes, this was an intentional litter:

1.When we lost Sassafras to predators, and then Moop disappeared before we could get him to his scheduled neuter surgery, we were a farm without cats. Not good. (As well as being sad and worried.) We then had trouble finding kittens to adopt.

2. They were barn cats and a bit older when we got them. She took a while to even allow petting, but then decided I am her human. Kermit is allowed to pet her, but she does not seek him out for affection, just food .

3. Both Marigold and Katmandu are excellent hunters. But because they were then raised here, they know the domesticated birds are off limits - not that they are ever allowed near chicks, of course.

There are at least three kittens, probably four, she is in a kiddie pool under a table, nursing them nicely, and it's kinda dark there. So far what we know it there is an orange tabby, one definite tortie, maybe two. I don't want to disturb her for a definite count right now, though she dud accept so head rubs and accolades.

And yes, we have homes lined up for any we decide to share, and Kathmandu's neuter is being booked.
    I've Been Frosted

How exiting, Karen! I hope you will keep at least one or two (one being the orange!) It will such fun seeing them grow up!

I hope we get to see pictures when they are ready to come out.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Aw. how wonderful! Looking forward to pictures!

I'm so sorry you lost Sassafras and Moop. Once these little ones start bouncing around it'll be a cheerful sight.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Kermit may have counted nine, but it's at least five as far as I can tell. So exciting, and we have the first chicks of the season as well - just heard that Ursula has some hatching as I type. Are leaving them alone for now.
    I've Been Frosted

My deepest sympathy to you on losing Sassafras and Moop. So sad...

Congratulations to new parents Marigold and Katmandu! I'm looking forward to learning more about the kittens and seeing pictures!

I'm sure Sassafras Angel and Moop Angel are watching over you and the new family and sending down Angelic love and purrrs.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Thank you, Pat. I am trying to be patient and waiting until Marigold is ready to show us the babies - or at least leave her "nest" for water or the letterbox. She has had some chicken, some Jarlsberg cheese and a can of wet food, but seems content to stay where she is. We don;t want to disturb her.
    I've Been Frosted

Congratulations on the new babies! I can't wait to see some pictures.
    Willa (5/1/1997-3/17/2018)

I can't wait to learn more about the kittens!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Welcome, new kittens!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

They are growing so quickly, Marigold is a good momma. Little tabbies, the tortie, the orange, still have not examined each separately, things have been crazy busy.

Currently trying to save the one surviving gosling.

And everyone is concerned and planning for the pandemic and global collapse. But we have new life, and that's a good thing.
    I've Been Frosted