Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Furminology Dictionary replacement post

The Furminology Dictionary replacement post

I will keep hunting for our original Furminology Dictionary. It's somewhere, either here or on the Interwebz. Please add liberally to this thread as you see fit. In the meantime, from the Facebook group "This Cat is C H O N K Y"...

Accempt (v): to graciously receive the offering of a peet, leggie, etc.
    Airplane Ears (n): when a cat flattens and angles its ears, so they look like the wings of an airplane; often a sign of irritation, wild play, or interest in a noise behind them; also: NYEEEEER, earcraft, owl ears
    Angy / Amgy (adj): adorably angry; e.g. “no talk me im angy”
    Angery / Angory (adj): very grumpy indeed
    Attacc (v): to lunge at
    Bamboozle (v): to do a heckin confuse
    Bebby (n/adj): kitten, small or adorable cat
    Beans (n): . toes
    -Baked Beans (n): when a cat extends its paws toward a heat source, e.g. a radiator or fireplace
    -Bean Sprouts (n): tufts of fur between toes; also: toe hawks, toe beards
    -Razor beans (n): claws OUT
    Birb (n): feathered and flighted creature; the fortunate have cats to alert them to the presence of such a creature with the warning sound ekekekekekek
    Blep (n / v): when a cat forgets to retract its tongue, resulting in hilarity
    Bonk (v): to lovingly headbutt one’s hooman; also: nudgems
    Boop (v): to touch a cat’s nose with one finger, e.g. “boop the snoot”
    Chimken (n): favorite food of cats
    Cromchies (n): dry cat food; kibble
    Elevator butt (n): a cat enjoying rump scritchies raises their back end with delight
    Floof (n): 1. a fluffy cat or kitten; 2. long cat fur; see pantaloons
    Floofy / Flonfy (adj): fluffy or long-haired
    Kitty Glitter (n): the inescapable peppering of cat fur on clothing and furniture
    Loaf (v / n): when a cat sits with all paws tucked under, resembling a loaf of bread
    Long boi / Lomgboi (n): when a cat stretches out and looks very l o n g
    Lööps (n): cromchy dry cat food; see also: bikkies, cromchies
    Lorge (adj): large, e.g. “lorge and in chorge”
    Make Biscuits (v): to knead on an item or person
    -Air biscuits (n): kneading into the ether; also: sky biscuits
    -Prison Biscuits (n): kneading with claws extended; also: murder biscuits, spicy biscuits
    -Sin biscuits (n): um... sexytimes, often with the unauthorized usage of a stuffed toy or other household object which then becomes the sole property of the cat
    M (letter): am all purpose replacememt for “n”; use liberally for best results
    Meezer (n): a siamese cat
    Merp (v): to make a sudden vocalization expressing surprise or alarm, as when disturbed from slumber; also: brrrp, bwurr, murph
    Mlem (n / v): when a cat briefly extends its tongue in a licking motion (see also "blep")
    Momther (n): very importamt hoomin; also: forther
    Mönch (v): to eat with enthusiasm
    Murder Mittens (n): paws with the claws out; also: danger peets, spicy steppers, mean beans
    Purralyzed (adj): when a cat is laying on you, rendering any attempt at movement futile; also: catatonic
    Purrito (n): 1. a very cozy kitten or cat, typically wrapped in a blanket and purring; 2. a perturbed cat swaddled against its will
    Schmoo / Schmoopy (n): a very loved cat
    Sing the Song of My People (v): to meow repeatedly for no particular reason, often in the wee hours of the morning
    Slow Blink (v / n): a sign of affection and contentment, one of the highest forms of chonk praise offered to a hoomin; also: love eyes, slow winkies, squinkies
    Snoot (n): a cat’s nose (see also boop)
    Tortie (n): a tortoiseshell cat (black, brown, and amber fur patterns)
    Tortitude (n): the state of being a tortie with attitude/charisma
    Tummy Trap (n): an exposed cat belly you really want to pet, but are likely to encounter murder mittens; also: danger floof
    Tuxedo (n): black cat with white marks, especially on chest and belly area
    Zoomies (n): when a cat races around at full-speed, often at 2 am; usually includes kitty parkour, murder mittens may be in use as well; also: zooms, rips, NYOOOOOOM
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I've Been Frosted

Gosh, what a lot of names of people posting to those threads.. I miss them so much!!!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Those are hilarious!
    Pop-a-wheelie: When meowmie stretches her hand out and cat pops up on hindlegs and head touches hand
    Kitty nuggets: poop
    Willa (5/1/1997-3/17/2018)

Boogies (eye or nose): self explanatory, and they have to be removed immediately
    Raspberries: noise cat makes while grooming, especially the belly area
    Willa (5/1/1997-3/17/2018)

This gives me leaky eyes:

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    I cannot take credit for this one. I saw it before, but Kuhio98 posted last so the credit goes there!

You Have Been Chosen v, (U Hahv Bin Chozen) The first encounter between a feline and a hooman that usually ends up in a magenti attraction that is far more than 'love at first sight. The feline is usually the side that initiates contact and picks the person as a new caretaker. A bonding experience.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=59839 is another update

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Purr Therapy: cat plops down on hoomin and purrs, the louder the better.
    [b]"Virtue is triumphant only in theatrical productions." --The Mikado

Peets (n, plural): cute kitty feet. See also pink jelly bean toes.

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD
    I cannot take credit for this one, but I was just looking at Ed's toes....

Pink Jelly Bean Toes - n. (Peehnk Jeh Lee Beehn Tohz)- What a kittehs toes/footpads look like- pink jelly beans.

Peets (n., plural) (portmanteau of paw and feet) Adorable kitty paws.
    (See also toe beans, pink jelly bean toes.)
    Grinch peets (n., plural), see bean sprouts.

Thank you, Elyse, for posting this! What fun to go through the whole thread again! I'm going to have to bookmark it for all the words and definitions!

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} and ~~~~PURRRS~~~~ and
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.

chimken leggie (n): when kitty is neatly tucked into circle, meat loaf or parade float position but with one leg extended. See also drumstick.

Furminology

Meowmie stretches: Comes up to you and puts front legs on you to stretch their whole body
    Head butts : Puts top of head against yours or rubs their head on yours
    I can't think of anything else right now but I love this thread!!

Aww, these are all great. Thank you, Elyse and Paige!

Death thought about it.

It is funny. My little Snorlax is doing the Elevator butt (n): a cat enjoying rump scritchies raises their back end with delight

Cat tap: cat gently and repeatedly taps any object, hooman or fur-sibling to get the attention they rightly deserve.

Ginger kitty: see orange tabby and orangie; usually have swirl, mackerel, striped or other tabby markings. Cassiesmom is a huge fan of ginger kitties, orangies, creamsicle kitties.

Creamsicle kitty: variant of ginger kitty that I can't even describe. Help, cat people!
    Last edited by cassiesmom; 03-29-2022 at 04:57 PM.