Thread: Monroe's first year at the Rainbow Bridge.

Monroe's first year at the Rainbow Bridge.

One year ago today, Monroe passed over the Rainbow Bridge, after a brave battle with heart failure. You missed your eleventh birthday by just a few months.
    Even his vet said there will never be another one like him.
    Monroe, I can't put into words how much I miss you and your antics, from playing fetch (even when your heart made you feel so tired and I had to slow you down) to eating whatever a cat should not eat, from electric cables to clothes to couch cushions. There was so much more on your menu, and yet, your stomach processed everything without ever having a blockage. You were a very thorough chewer.
    This special bond stems from raising you when you were just 4 days old, 4 ounces and ears and eyes still closed.
    Monroe, play extra hard today and annoy your sister Willa who went to the bridge one year before you. You will never be out of breath again. And I and the other kitties will meet you there.
    Willa (5/1/1997-3/17/2018)

Oh, Heidi, I'm so sorry. My deepest sympathy to you and your family on this sad anniversary.

What a wonderful life Monroe shared with you, from 4 days old, 4 ounces and ears and eyes still closed, and onward! May your precious memories and keepsakes help to bring you comfort and joy.

Monroe is a glorious Angel now, strong and beautiful and healthy, at the Rainbow Bridge with Willa and so many other beloved, precious Angels. He's watching over you and sending down love.

We're thinking of you and sending along loads of
    {{{{{HUGS}}}}} and ~~~~PURRRS~~~~ and

from Pat and Galaxy and Sparkler

Dearest Monroe Angel, please send some Angelic purrrs to the heart of your beloved Heidi, to comfort her and reassure her that all is well, you are with her always, and you will welcome her Home, One Fine Day...
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

We know time stands still there at the bridge, but it does move along down here on this ol' dirt ball as Phred used to call it. Thinking of you during this time.
    I've Been Frosted

An electronic hug to Monroe and his family. Run happy and free over the Rainbow Bridge dear kitty. Watch over you family down below; they will see you and Willa again one day.