Thread: The Sweet Clown Kitty!

Hybrid View

The Sweet Clown Kitty!

Dearest Clown, what a gorgeous kitty you are! That soft-looking, fluffy fur is so pretty with that dilute-calico coloring, and what a sweet face you have with the grey patch on your nose and those lovely big yellow-green eyes. You are so beautiful there on "your" deck, standing there looking out at us, calm and peaceful but also alert. I wish I could reach through the screen and across the country to Venice, CA to pet you, now that you allow yourself to be pet! I can't, of course, but I know your loving and beloved Purrrsons will pet you for me .

And what a wonderful story of persistence and devotion your dear Purrrson has to tell! You first appeared nearly six years ago lurking beneath the family car in the alley behind their home. They left food out for you, and you slowly started getting bolder, coming closer but keeping your distance in the alley. After a year or so, you worked up to jumping onto a tree limb over the back fence to observe your Purrrsons-to-be! Then after almost four years, you one day rubbed against your Purrrson's ankles, then a later day slowly let her reach down close, and and then one day let her pet you! Your next step, you got so you'd cuddle your ear against her leg to ask for petting, though you remained in the alley and tree. Then, one morning last year, there you were on the deck, looking in at your Purrrson as if you ruled the place.. which you now do, of course! You are a beneficent ruler, allowing food and adoration and much daily stroking of your royal fur, which your subjects gladly provide! You and they all love each other dearly, don't you. What a delightful love-filled home you share!

Congratulations, darling Clown Kitty, on being chosen today's Cat of the Day! We hope you and your dear Purrrsons and all your family and friends are enjoying a fine celebration, full of fun and lovies and all your favorite games and treats.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Happy Cat of the Day sweet Clown.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana