Thread: Sweet Lily

Sweet Lily

Such a beautiful kittycat. Thank you for sharing her with all of us and for adopting her into your home. I am an animal rescue volunteer so I love hearing happy new beginning stories like this.

I noticed there is an elastic on her ear. Please everyone keep elastics, twist ties, wool, string and similar objects away from your animals. It is very dangerous for them to play with and can cause serious, and sometimes fatal injuries (choking hazard and damage to intestines). Thanks!
    Please have your pets sterilized as soon as possible to lower, and one day hopefully eliminate, unwanted and abandoned pets. It IS our responsibility. Adopting from a shelter also helps - encouraging breeders just adds to the overpopulation.
    http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/QC64.html
    Angel Beyli's Mom thanks you!

Dearest Lily, you are adorable! What a sweet, beautiful dilute Tortie-Calico lady you are! That colorful fur is so very pretty and looks so soft, and what a sweet face you have with those long, LOOOOONG white whiskers and that two-tone nose and those lovely big pale-green eyes. You look so comfortable and content in those great photos, and thank you for sharing them with us. I wish I could reach through the screen and over to Visalia, CA to pet you! I can't, of course, but I know your loving and beloved Purrrsons will pet you for me .

You have the most delightful Purrrsonality, too! When you and your dear Purrrsons adopted each other and they brought you home from the Humane Society, you walked around the living room loudly purring "I'm finally HOME!" You carry on conversations with a variety of little "chirps" and "meows" when your dear special friend talks to you. You especially love it when he/she sings! You keep close when she/he cooks, hoping for treats. You're very affectionate, and you welcome everyone with joy. You are loyal and devoted to your dear friend and are never far, helping him/her with legal studies. (I gather you are both planning on careers as lawyers.) You gallop down the hall meowing loudly to greet her/him arriving home from work. You are a true family member, and you and your dear Purrrsons all love each other very much, don't you. What a wonderful love-filled home you share!

Congratulations, darling Lily, on being chosen today's Cat of the Day! We hope you and your dear Purrrsons and all your family and friends are enjoying a fine celebration, full of fun and lovies and all your favorite games and treats.

P.S., I second the warning by our friend catlover11 on the dangers of elastics, twist ties, wool, string and similar objects to our dear animal friends. All too often those can cause serious, even fatal injuries. To your dear Purrrsons and all our critter-loving friends, please keep such objects away from your sweet animals. Thank you very much!
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Dear Lily, what a gorgeous dilute tortie girl you are. Your coat looks so thick and soft, and your face, with those great colors, is adorable.
    I am glad that you were adopted from the Humane society, and that you claimed your new surroundings immediately as yours.
    You are very outgoing and vocal, and you always stay close to your person, helping them study. And you're there every day, as the greeting committee, when they come home from work.
    Lily, you are a precious kitty, and I wish you and your family a great day full of celebration, and many more happy and healthy years togethers.
    And I have to join my fellow Pet talkers in cautioning about the rubberband. Thank you.
    Willa (5/1/1997-3/17/2018)

Hello, Lily in California! What an absolutely gorgeous lady you are! I would love to hear your chirps and sounds, and have a conversation with you. Happy Cat of the Day!

Sweet Lily and your mighty purr
    Shimmering gold shining through your fur
    Beware the elastic band perched on your ear
    Your wise and friendly face shows no sign of fear
    So come Sweet Lily to my house for chicken and liver
    and have lines of catnip of my big mirror!

Enjoy your day of glory Sweet Lily, my Squirrel is looking across the rainbow bridge at you, in awe of your wonderfulness.