Thread: Beautiful Sweet Basil!

Beautiful Sweet Basil!

Dearest Basil, you are gorgeous! What a handsome guy you are, with your classic brown-black Tabby fur that looks so soft, and your sweet face with those lovely big golden eyes and that cute nose with the dark spot at the bottom. You look so very relaxed and comfortable in that great photo, and thank you for sharing it with us! I wish I could reach through the screen and across the ocean to Hanley, Stoke-on-Trent, in England to pet you! I can't, of course, but I know your loving and beloved Purrrsons will pet you for me .

And what a delightful Purrrsonality you have! (Or Personality? ..since you're sure you're a person!) You're a peace-loving fellow who prefers a nice lie-down to catching anything living (especially any that your delicate palette would class as "inedible"). You are a terrific conversationalist, with quite the vocabulary for getting attention, getting noticed, being fussed over, etc. You also have a real talent for chasing after rubbish, especially crisp packets, carrier bags, and anything plastic and crinkly! You and your dear Purrrsons all love each other very much, don't you. What a wonderful love-filled home you share!

Congratulations, darling Basil, on being chosen today's Cat of the Day! (And indeed you deserve a crown to wear on your throne!) We hope you and your dear Purrrsons and all your family and friends are enjoying a fine celebration, full of fun and lovies and all your favorite games and treats.

Last edited by phesina; 10-23-2019 at 09:37 PM.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Dear Basil, what a handsome boy you are. Your tabby coat looks so plush and soft, and you have a such a content look on your face.
    You communicate with your humans about everything and anything, from getting attention to being fussed over which. I'm sure, happens frequently.
    And you are a peaceful kitty, meaning you prefer a nap over running after other animals.
    One thing, though, gets you excited, and that is chasing after all kinds of trash, as long it is crinkly and plastic. And why not? Every cat needs a hobby!
    Other than that, sweet Basil, you are a distinguished gentleman, and I wish you and your family a great day full of celebration, and many more happy and healthy years together.
    Willa (5/1/1997-3/17/2018)

Hello, Basil in England! Happy Cat of the Day!

What a beautiful kitty you are! I like your long white whiskers, and your wonderful tabby markings! Your fur looks so soft, I hope your people will give you extra pats and snuggles for me!

You are a busy guy - running after crinkly plastic (trash!), being fussed over, and communicating with your people about all sorts of subjects! I'd be thrilled to listen to whatever you have to say! Sometimes you pause for a nap, making the best of a comfortable place to rest. I agree with my friend cats4ever- you are a very distinguished gentleman!

Happy, happy Cat of the Day, Basil!

Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

The wonderful Basil

Basil, oh, Basil
    How I long to stroke your silken fur
    Your coats so soft, your eyes so true
    Oh Basil you are a magical beast