Thread: One eyed pussy cat for adoption

One eyed pussy cat for adoption

The local shelter has a very nice and affectionate cat for adoption. She had an injured eye when found a taken to the shelter. This cat is about 6
    months old and otherwise totally healthy. This SPCA has a lot of nice kitties available. But this cat really seemed to take to me when I picked her
    up.

What would be the disadvantages to getting a cat w/only one eye?

There's no disadvantage if she will be an inside kitty, outside she would be more vulnerable to predators.
    I've Been Frosted

I agree with Karen here, there is no disadvantage. It sounds as if the cat is very confident with you, and due to his/her young age, you will bond quickly.

I looked after a cat with one eye, he was the sweetest boy and lived to be 19 years old. He even went outside in a closed-in back garden and managed very well.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Dear Doug, Karen and Randi are absolutely right. You don't want to let her out unsupervised. Keep her indoors, and she will do just fine. You two will become great friends.

Best wishes!

Pat
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Sounds like I found my new family member. I was planning to keep any cat I adopted inside anyway.
    Too many dangers in FL for outdoor pussy cats!

Congratulations on your new family member!
    And I applaud you for adopting a kitty that's a bit different and may have had a more difficult time finding a forever family!
    We can't wait to see her pictures.
    Willa (5/1/1997-3/17/2018)

Oh, Doug, that's wonderful! Congratulations on your new family member, and thank you so much for adopting a ..Differently-Abled kitty!

Can't wait to see pictures and read tales of how she is settling in!

Thanks again, best wishes, and blessings to you and kitty and your entire household!

Cheeers and Purrrrrrs from Pat and Sparkler and Galaxy
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery