Page 212 of 216 FirstFirst ... 112162202203204205206207208209210211212213214215216 LastLast
Results 3,166 to 3,180 of 3235

Thread: Do any of you have prayer requests??

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    I'm typing with two hands! Yay!
    Excellent news, Elyse! That's great!

from Sparkler and Galaxy and Pat
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

That's great, Elyse!
    Willa (5/1/1997-3/17/2018)

Great news for you AND for your friend! Win-win!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Great News, Elyse!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

A high school friend’s brother (Bob) had surgery yesterday. They had to stop part way through because of complications. Bob is in the intensive care unit. I’m not sure yet if they will take him to finish the procedure.

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    A high school friend’s brother (Bob) had surgery yesterday. They had to stop part way through because of complications. Bob is in the intensive care unit. I’m not sure yet if they will take him to finish the procedure.
    Prayers and best wishes for Bob, Elyse. I hope this all works out well for him.

Last edited by phesina; 09-21-2019 at 02:02 PM.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

I hope that Bob will recover, and that they can finish the procedure.
    Sending best wishes to you, Bob and his family!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by buckner View Post
    I don't like to seem selfish, so I have a tough time asking for people to pray for me, but....

If you all could continue the prayers for my family and I as we deal with the loss and grief of the brutal murder of my grandmother, I'd truly appreciate it. We're slowly finding comfort in the situation. We're also going through some other problems that deal with this incident that are being opened up, and I'm grateful that they're finally coming to a surface, but just pray that all of answers to our questions are revealed. I know that doesn't make sense, and I'm sorry. But please, if you could just keep us in your prayers, I could never thank you enough.

And everyone who has posted (and those who will later on post) will be in my prayers. Not a single person will go overlooked, and I don't care if you think your request is silly. If it's bothering you, it's a burden that needs to be prayed about... keep on prayin'.

I am so very sorry for your loss, your whole families massive loss. Words cannot express how bad I feel about what you have all been through and yet your heart is still open, loving and kind. I am certain you Grandmother is very proud of you and has faith in you, always in your heart and and with you forever. I will certainly hope and pray that you and your family find all the answers that you need and healing will begin.

Blog Entries
    Prayers for me pretty please. I'm not shy, I could use prayers for sure. Had my second surgery a month ago for my broken right arm. Had all the hardware taken out finally, 7 screws and a metal plate. They decided to graft in some cadaver bone too. The scar is pretty gruesome, but I don't care about that. Don't remember signing a consent form for the bone graft 😱 but I suppose it must have been in there amongst all the papers I signed. Kinda creepy eh. I'm feeling much better finally but I need all the prayers I can get please. Hopefully I can start physio soon, I'll send my bestest prayers for all of you Pet Talk Peeps in return. THANKS and thank you again! 🌹❤️😘

I wish you a speedy and not-too-painful recovery, and that you will be able to start physical therapy soon!
    I wonder why they didn't use your own bone for the graft...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cats4ever View Post
    I wish you a speedy and not-too-painful recovery, and that you will be able to start physical therapy soon!
    I wonder why they didn't use your own bone for the graft...
    Great question cats4ever. He said he made the call when he realized it was necessary. There was also two staples on the back of my shoulder blade where he put in some sort of scope and had a look around. He thinks pretty highly of himself and gave me the impression answering my questions was beneath him. That's fine, I feel 99 % better so he's a superstar to me 😻🤜🏻🤛 Thank you for the warm wishes! One of the screws came loose and hurt so much. All gone👍🏿

Please pray for our neighbor Dick J, a spry elderly man. He had not collected his mail for a couple days, so Norm, my coworker who is the letter carrier here, called in a wellness check. When I passed his house earlier today, there was a state police truck, and an ambulance. I saw an EMT carrying a pillow and other things headed for the woods behind the house, and have heard nothing since. But I figure he must be alive, but perhaps injured - dead folks do not need pillows, right?

Please prayer for me, in dealing with being disappointed in people. I do not mean to find fault, but missteps by a younger man meant a fairly new, very frail member of the community named Donna (cancer survivor, with lingering frailty) almost went without food. I was able to help her, by the grace of God.

A worrisome situation in our immediate vicinity is a man who threatened to shoot our dogs if he caught them on his property again. Dusky is the sweetest pup, but he is black - literally, and we think the man is afraid of him because of that. He told Kermit Dusky "had him cornered in his garage," which is so totally against Dusky's whole personality - he likely ran up to him to say hello. We do let the dogs out loose to keep predators away from our animals, and they do a great job, but sometimes then go off visiting folks.

A woman we met because of our dogs, who adores them, and even sometimes keeps them overnight - with permission - is diagnosed with breast cancer, and undergoing radiation therapy. Our families have become friends because of our dogs, since Sue's diagnosis, Dusky feels the need to be over there, and has whined when we pass her house when he's in the car. She lives in Connecticut, but her family has a place up here, and they come up as often as they can. So please prayer for Sue, and her family as well.
    I've Been Frosted

Prayers on the way to all the people who need them now.

Thank you.
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Please pray for our neighbor Dick J, a spry elderly man. He had not collected his mail for a couple days, so Norm, my coworker who is the letter carrier here, called in a wellness check. When I passed his house earlier today, there was a state police truck, and an ambulance. I saw an EMT carrying a pillow and other things headed for the woods behind the house, and have heard nothing since. But I figure he must be alive, but perhaps injured - dead folks do not need pillows, right?
    Dick is alive and well enough to be asking about his cat. He was discovered, hypothermic and unresponsive, taken to the local hospital and medflighted over to a bigger hospital in New Hampshire. But because of Norm's actions he is alive and recovering.

So folks, check on elderly friends and neighbors, please! It could save an important life!
    I've Been Frosted