Thread: COOKIE - another friend gone way too soon

COOKIE - another friend gone way too soon

We lost Cookie (Cat of the Day some years ago) on Saturday. He was about 13 or so- a huge 20lb black-and-white cuddler with a black nose and a white tip on his black tail. He and his sister Mookie were siblings, the first two kittens our mythical feral momma-cat Sophie had in NJ- we couldn't catch her for 3 years but we got all her kittens and most of her boyfriends...... Cookie was the playful kitten, he would lose it in the middle of Sophie's stalking instructions and roll around in the grass, just happy to be a kitten, while Sophie glared at him. We caught Mookie first, then a few days later, Cookie- and the first thing he did was go stand right over Mookie and dare us to try and harm HIS little sister...... well Cookie had a stroke a week ago, lost his vision and was disoriented- he wouldn't eat on his own, but he slowly got much of his vision back and was getting around well, and could always be petted into a major purring and rumpying session.... well Saturday he was a bit more quiet, stayed right under the edge of our bed all day- Mookie was meatloafed right up next to him all day... you can't tell me they don't know!..... at night, he sounded a little bubbly, so I took him out, cleaned his nose up a bit, and put him in my lap in the living room- he was happy and comfortable and breathing easy for a while, then had a small seizure- then quietly passed. Big old Cookie. God I'm missing him!! He was MY cat from the time he was a 9-10 week old kitten in NJ...... Mookie seems to be OK, has a good appetite and is doing fine- I truly believe she knew and said her goodbyes to her big brother, as many of the other cats did......Wish I could post a pic of him, he was such a big handsome guy!!

RIP Cookie-- till we meet again--
    "If they could cross Man with the cat, it would improve
    Man, but it would deteriorate the cat." - Mark Twain

I am very sorry for your loss.
    Cookie sounded like a larger-than-life kitty, a perfect and loving boy. What a great life he had with you, but way too short.
    I am convinced, too, that his sister Mookie knew that he was about to cross the Rainbow Bridge.
    Karen could possibly post a picture for you, if you e-mail her one.
    We would love to see your handsome boy!
    Willa (5/1/1997-3/17/2018)

Our condolences, to you and Mookie. Rest in peace, big guy.
    I've Been Frosted

I am so very sorry. My deepest sympathy to you and your family and all who love and miss and grieve dear Cookie.

What a wonderful time on earth Cookie spent with you all, ever since he was a tiny kitten! He lived in great comfort and contentment with his little sister Mookie and his human family, with his mom Sophie nearby in NJ. And then when it was time, he passed away quietly on your lap and in your arms.

Now he is a glorious Angel, healthy and whole again at the Rainbow Bridge. He is with you always, watching over you and sending down love and reminding you that he will welcome you Home, One Fine Day..

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery