Thread: Awesome Ares

Awesome Ares

Name:  27.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  447.9 KB

Congratulations on being Pet of the Day.
    What a great story of survival of both you
    and your loving person.
    Celebrate your special day and many more

Ares the Survivor!

Brave, beautiful Ares~

I fought back tears, reading your Mom's heart-wrenching account of the horrific, unspeakable abuse you suffered at the hand of your former "owner!" I can't begin to imagine the how you managed to survive such abuse for as long as you did. But in the end, your will to survive was no match for that evil man, as you dragged that tractor into the creek ! Your will to live is testament to your courage, your strength and heart, your indefatigable spirit!
    You did, and continue to do your namesake, Ares, the Greek God of War, proud, for no animal ever put up a more valiant fight! Thank goodness your rescuers came to your aid not long after, and now, in the loving care of your devoted Mom, you're finally living the carefree, peaceful, love filled ife you always deserved; slowly but surely healing, in body and in spirit! And thanks to you, Ares, your Mom's broken spirit is also healing, a case of mutual rescue if there ever was one! No doubt about it. You and your Mom were destined to be as one!

But Ares's story isn't the only thing that makes him special. Mine does too. Not long after bringing him home, I left a two-year abusive relationship, after battling depression through much of it. I began focusing my energy on working with Ares. For hours a day, I would simply stand and talk to him, at first. Then he let me pet him, then, I lead him. I gained his trust. All that time, I thought I was training a horse. But no, he was teaching me.
    What a beautiful bond of love and trust you and your Mom have forged, Ares, best friends and soulmates for life! Endless thanks to all who had a hand in your rescue, most especially your Mom!

Thanks to your Mom for sharing your heartwarming, inspirational, life affirming backstory with us, Ares, giving us the honor of paying tribute to one brave and beautiful, EXTRA special boy! I hope you and your Mom are enjoying a very special, peaceful and love filled day of celebration, and here's to many, many more wonderful years of shared love and companionship for you and your Mom! Love and a big *hug* and kiss to you, beautiful Ares the Survivor, our very special and most deserving Pet of the Day, EVERY day!

Beautiful...

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Dearest Ares, what a beautiful Tennessee Walking Horse mix fellow you are, and what an appalling, heartbreaking, and then uplifting and inspiring story you have to tell! How utterly horrible the way you were being kept and treated by that former "owner"/abuser. I am so very, very glad and grateful that you were removed from that awful situation by animal control and then you came to your true home and person. (And I hope that that abuser not only lost his animals and was barred from owning others ever again but also served some serious jail time.)

What an amazing story of how you and your dear person ultimately rescued and healed each other! She was coming out of an abusive situation, too, and you and she spent hours each day quietly together as she talked to you. As time when on, you let her pet you and then lead you and then regain your trust. She thought she was training her horse, but actually you were teaching her! You two love each other very much, don't you. What a wonderful love-filled home you share!

Congratulations, darling Ares, on being chosen today's Pet of the Day! We hope you and your dear person and all your family and friends are enjoying a fine celebration, full of fun and lovies and all your favorite games and treats.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Blog Entries
    I wish Ares and you both the very best. I sure hope Ares is in no pain and gains some weight. You both deserve life's best, always.

Congratulations on being Pet of the Day, handsome Ares.

I am glad your first owner can't keep animals.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Congratulations, Ares, on being POTD! You are a SURVIVOR and your human parent is a HERO!! God Bless both of you. You're beautiful and so loved now, thankfully. Sending and best wishes for a continued happy, healthy, fun, safe life, Sweetie! http://www.guineapigsrfun.net