Page 68 of 75 FirstFirst ... 18585960616263646566676869707172737475 LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1111

Thread: Random thoughts

My thoughts for today, can the federal hiring process go ANY slower?

Blog Entries
    Sorry, I am of no use in answer to that question. I do have one of my own however. Has anyone out there had a shoulder replacement surgery. I am pretty sure that's what I'm looking at in the near future as I had a very bad, complicated break and it is partially paralyzed and constantly inflamed and painful. If anyone has had a shoulder replacement I would appreciate hearing all and everything about it. The journey, result, anything really. I am 56 and pretty healthy otherwise, just scared of it because it's so invasive. It's already got 8 screws and a metal plate. Also, my husband has set out a mole trap. He is almost obsessed with his lawn, like every blade matters to him, the length, colour and vibrancy of each one. A mole has been innocently leaving little holes all over it, rooting around for worms and slugs, tasty grubs etc. This trap is so cruel, he just set it up yesterday on the lawn. It looks like a tiny little silver electric chair. If the wee fella trips it a metal spike or two shoots through its tiny body. Can you imagine? What if he's at work and it goes off on one of the little devils. What if it doesn't die and suffers??? I'll be gutted.... just the thought is horrifying. There's gotta be a better way right? Anyone, anyone 😐😳 It's SO wrong on every level, it's only grass ☹️

Sorry, I've never had shoulder-replacement surgery or anything like that, so I can't give you any informed advice there. Best wishes!

I did have back surgery in September 2014. I was in the hospital for a week, then a rehab place for three more weeks. Then I went home, but I still had to keep pretty limited in my activities and I couldn't drive, until three months after the surgery. The surgery was successful, and I haven't had any trouble with my back since.

Can you over-rule your husband on that mole trap? That sounds positively brutal. Is it even legal? Surely there are humane ways to remove the mole.

Maybe these folks would have some advice and suggestions? -
    British Columbia SPCA, https://spca.bc.ca/

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Blog Entries
    In British Columbia it is legal to set a leg hold trap only 200 meters from a dwelling, including schools and neiboring residences....No one gives zero sh*ts about the lowly mole. I just googled this. Believe me, I'm sick. Not a freaking clue until just now. Ya, l think he's intent on killing that mole. I pick my battles, told him what I thought. It's disgusting. I'm letting it go for now, just too much for me right now ☠️👹👎🏿

Blog Entries
    I could just trip it myself everyday with a twig when no ones looking 🤔 That might work just fine👍🏿

I did not even know shoulder replacements were possible - do keep us posted on how it goes.
    I've Been Frosted

I hope that, whatever surgery you are looking at, it will be successful and help you to get rid of the constant pain. Sorry, I don't have any experience with this kind of procedure.
    I would not ever kill a mole. They might make some holes in your lawn, but they eat harmful grubs and insects that would otherwise destroy plants in your garden.
    Moles are a protected species here in North Carolina because of their usefulness.
    Maybe your husband would be willing to use a repellent instead, like castor oil.
    Willa (5/1/1997-3/17/2018)

Blog Entries
    I will definately suggest castor oil to ward off the mole, I would never kill a mole either. It is with great glee that I report that the creepy mole trap has been thus far, completely unsuccessful 👍🏿 Ya well, it is really painful, my stupid broken arm was pretty crushed. I had no idea a shoulder replacement surgery even existed until a couple months ago. All these exersizes I am expected to do to improve my range of movement, so that that horrible option is off the table are about as possible for me to do as me sprouting wings and flying to to the freakin' moon. It's been 3 months. Today I had a shower and washed my hair, it hurt my arm SO much that I had to take 3 Tylenol 3's and go to bed. I guess I tweeked it. Thank God I had those squirrelled away As after the surgery I was prescribed nothing since. Point is, it doesn't move properly, always hurts, the little chirpy young girl that gives me physiotherapy has tried deep tissue massage, ultrasound, acupuncture... not sure what she has planned next. It's like, I try so hard to be a good sport, stay positive, do my little arm and shoulder exersizes but nothing is improving and the pain is even worse when I do these things. I yelled at her last Saturday, couldn't hep it... I just bellered QUIT IT!! She and my husband just laughed, sorta nervous laughter. It was just outrageously painful. It's a pretty weird position to be in, I've always been the tough one, the brave, fearless one. I'm just unable to trust these so called pros as they don't seem to know what the hell they are doing. Might have to have surgery, no worries. Will figure it out!

Blog Entries
    So very sorry to carry on.
    What I also wish to say, without any drama, is that I loath self pity and the feeling of impotence. Those feelings however, seem unavoidable as of late. I wouldn't wish this on anyone. I am enjoying my beautiful cats, my husband, adorable baby birds and squirrels are frolicking in the back 40 and I sure take notice of all the beauty indeed ❤️ Wishing you all the very best.

Blog Entries
    Hey, going to see Paul McCartney tonight. It's my husbands birthday. Hope all you Pet Talk peeps are well and going strong. I peek at ya once in a while. 😘😻👍🏿

Oh, how nice!

Happy birthday to your husband, mon!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Blog Entries
    Thank you, passed that on! The concert was brilliant, I can't believe Sir Paul is 77. He looks good, a lot more stamina than I think I ever had at any age 😆

Small Victory

Just finished getting the laundry in - a few pieces are still damp, but figured I had better take them in and finish them in the dryer.

Got everything in, and now it is pouring outside!
    I've Been Frosted

You have the sixth sense, Karen.
    Willa (5/1/1997-3/17/2018)

15. Met this little critter. or rather... we scared each other. s/he is trying to build a nest/bed thing in our water fountain. the bowl of it leaks an doesnt hold water anymore anyway so i dont mind

so cute