Thread: Cat pees on the coach.....

Cat pees on the coach.....

One of my friends has a problem with one of her cats.
    She has a scottish fold since a few years, and in August this year, she got a british shorthair.
    The first months, there was no problem, but only since a few days(week?) there is a problem....
    He has a weird habbit: every night he pees on the couch where my friend usually sits in....
    She asked me for advize about this.
    I think that this is a kind of protest.....,
    and that maybe he does not like that she doesn't stay in the livingroom
    during the nights....! I also told her to take this cat to the vet, just to be sure.

Can anybody here know what to do?
    Thanks!!
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

That sounds like the best idea to me, too, Lut: first have the cat be checked by the vet, to see if there is some physical problem.

If there isn't, the next question is: Is this a form of protest? Did something change in the household routine about the time the cat started peeing on the couch?

Best wishes to your friend and her kitties! I hope this problem is solved without too much trouble.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Lut, you gave your friend excellent advice. A visit to the vet will show if there's a physical problem, or if it is behavioral.
    Willa (5/1/1997-3/17/2018)

Did she add a second litter box when she added the new kitty? Another thing to consider, as well as the vet visit of course!
    I've Been Frosted

UPDATE!

I was right!
    My friend went to the vet, but no physical problems.
    She bought a second litterbox and as soon as the cat realised that there was a litterbox for him ànd one for the other cat,
    he stopped peeing on that couch!!!
    Hurray!!!!
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Excellent!!!! That's wonderful news!

And that's great help and advice that you gave the kitties' people, Lut! You're a very good friend to them all!

Are the two cats getting along together all right? Our very best wishes to all concerned.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Blog Entries
    SO great!! Eww, who wants cat pee on the couch? Great news, well done and hurray!