Thread: Pumpkin - a handsome orangeman, gone way too soon

Pumpkin - a handsome orangeman, gone way too soon

About 2am this morning, our Pumpkin came on the bed and woke me up, in obvious respiratory distress - I got him to the emergency vet's as quickly as possibe, they found high white count and some fluid around heart and lungs, possiby pneumonia, but he coded before they could stabilize him. He was only about 3 years old, just had his annual in March and was in perfect health- and yesterday afternoon he was rolling in my lap getting pets and purring like mad. Totally unfair- he was taken way too soon. Play hard at Rainbow Bridge Pumpkin- we're really gonna miss you.....the good Lord took a handsome, sweet, affectionate cat for some higher purpose...... if I can figure out how to do so, I'll try to post pics of him, he was the most brilliantly colored orangeman I've ever met, with tufted ears and a white spot on his chest.......

Bowlkat
    "If they could cross Man with the cat, it would improve
    Man, but it would deteriorate the cat." - Mark Twain

Rest in peace dearest Pumpkin. Three years is no age to go to RB.
    I am very sorry, your lost your delightful Orangeman.

So sorry to hear this. Rest in peace, Pumpkin, and send your humans rumbling purrs from the Rainbow Bridge so they know you arrived there safely.

bowlkat, our condolences.
    I've Been Frosted

Oh Bowlcat, I am so sorry to learn that you lost your precious, loving, and beloved Pumpkin so suddenly, and at such a young age, too. My very deepest sympathy to you and your family and all who love him and miss him and grieve him so very much. May your precious memories and keepsakes help to bring you comfort.

Pumpkin is at the Rainbow Bridge now, a lovely, glorious Angel, pain-free and healthy again, playing with so many dear Angel friends and sending down love to you.

Dearest Pumpkin Angel, please send some Angelic purrrs to the hearts of your dear Bowlcat and family and friends to remind them that all is well, love is eternal, you are watching over them always, and you will all be together again, One Fine Day...

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

I am so sorry about Pumpkin's sudden passing!
    Even though his stay with you was way too short, you made his life perfect with endless love and he returned it ten-fold.
    Willa (5/1/1997-3/17/2018)

I am so sorry.

Rest in Peace Pumpkin.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

I am sorry for your loss of dear Pumpkin. I know a bit of what you are feeling. I lost Grey the cat suddenly to a tumor that burst in his bladder. I still can't shake this and beat myself up for what signs I missed and mainly for not insisting the doctor do an x-ray when I first took him to vet for being lethargic that fateful day. An electronic hug to and your family. Also a big electronic hug to Pumpkin. Watch over your family Pumpkin; they will meet you again over the Rainbow Bridge one day.

Pumpkin

Well, my ex-brother-in-law passed away at almost 70 years old- and HIS cat, an orange guy who's a tripod cat-- malformed right front leg from birth-- desperately needed a home-- so we now have another Orangeman, and a special needs guy as well-- that helps a lot....... still miss Pumpkin but George, the Tripod Cat, is super friendly and getting to know our pride, so all turned out as it was supposed to, I guess......

bowlkat

My deepest sympathy, dear bowlkat, over the loss of your ex-brother-in-law. How good that is that you now have his kitty George, the Tripod Cat, who needed a home then! He hasn't replaced your dear Pumpkin, but he is super friendly and getting to know your pride. I am sure that Pumpkin Angel is delighted that you are sharing your home and heart with George now! I'm sure you're right, that all turned out as it was supposed to.

Thank you and bless you for welcoming dear George into your family! We know that Pumpkin Angel and all the Angels are rejoicing with you at the Rainbow Bridge!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.

Condolences

So very sorry for your loss. I lost my beautiful Milo in May of this year, a pain so deep....
    I write because my boy had fluid around his heart and lungs also, perfectly healthy in every other way! He died of heart failure. The sudden passing of your sweet man is another indication of heart failure. I thought you might want to know. I share your pain! May the love you shared overcome the despair of your loss ❤

Pumpkin- and George the tripos cat

To all- thank you for your expressions of sympathy and empathy regarding Pumpkin- he is still missed, and 4 is no age to go to the Bridge- but George the Tripod Cat has helped fill the void- his right front leg is malformed from birth, so he didn't have much of a kittenhood and when he was found by my late brother-in-law, they paired up and were pretty happy- but my brother-in-law was in bad shape himself, financially and physically- and now George is in a house with a dozen young playful cats who only want to play with him, and tons of brand-new foods he's never tried before- so EVERYTHING we do with him or feed him is the BEST. THING. EVER to George- and he's SO happy and grateful!! And of course, no one took him aside and told him "You're handicapped, you can't do what other cats do"- so he just DOES it all! Climbing cat trees, jumping on furniture, playing, chasing, wrestling- he's in Heaven! So that helps- it helps a lot.......

Thank you all again- maybe things happen as they're supposed to-

bowlkat

What a wonderful story of how well George is doing!!! Please give him some extra lovies from us! (And some to you and all your family, all species, too, bowlkat.)

Pumpkin Angel and all the Angels are rejoicing for you all at the Rainbow Bridge!!!

Death thought about it.

I'm so sorry for your loss of Pumpkin, it was much too early. I send my deepest sympathy.

So glad you took George in, sounds like he is as happy as can be, jumping around and playing with the others, in spite of his handicap.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

robincooper Guest
    I'm with you!