Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: New kitty.. Galaxy! PICTURES now!!!!! (posts 30 and 31)

New kitty.. Galaxy! PICTURES now!!!!! (posts 30 and 31)

A new girl came home with me yesterday... Galaxy, a lovely Tortie about 14-15 years old.

She's in the bathroom for the time being.. She hasn't come out of her carrier yet, but at least she's turned around to face the open end! She did come out to use the litter box last night. And she's eating.

Last edited by phesina; 12-28-2018 at 06:29 PM.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Congratulations, Pat! And thank you for taking in an elderly kitty, not many would do that.

Galaxy will adjust to your home in no time, and want to cuddle soon, I'm sure. It will be such a special Christmas for you.

How is Sparkler taking it?

When you are able to to get some pics, I would love to see her!

A big welcome to Galaxy and love to you all!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Concatulations Pat on addition of senior furrbaby Galaxy.
    Hpoe you Sparkler and Galaxy have a wonderful Christmas.

Thank you, Randi and Prathima, and thanks from Galaxy too!

She is still in the carrier but lets me pet her and seems to enjoy it.

She was always rather shy at the shelter, too, so it may take a while for her to come around. I hope not too long!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.

She had some severe dental problems before, and all her teeth were removed recently. I just picked up some yummy Friskies Chicken Pate versions for her to try out. That's what she was eating at the shelter.

I pulled back the top part of the carrier from the front. She has turned around again so she was looking up at me through that opening when I just went in the bathroom.
    Death thought about it.

How wonderful that you opened your heart and home to a senior kitty. I'm glad that her dental problems were taken care of.
    Galaxy will have the best life possible with you!
    Looking forward to her pictures.
    Willa (5/1/1997-3/17/2018)

Welcome Home Galaxy!! You're going to LOVE your new home and Meowmie!
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Thank you, Heidi and Gayle, from Galaxy and me, and Sparkler too, of course!

Death thought about it.

Welcome home Galaxy!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Welcome Home, Galaxy! Congratulations, Phesina and Sparkler! ❤️

Thank you, Nancy and Elyse!

Death thought about it.

Galaxy seems to be doing all right.. she's still in the bathroom in her soft carrier with the side and part of the top open. She's eating just fine, and she's used the litter box.

Sparkler is the one I'm concerned about.. She has been staying back in the bedroom. I think she's intimidated by this new presence and doesn't know what to do about it.

I don't know what to do about this situation. Any ideas or suggestions? Please!

Thanks,
    Pat, and Sparkler, and Galaxy too
    Death thought about it.

Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    Galaxy seems to be doing all right.. she's still in the bathroom in her soft carrier with the side and part of the top open. She's eating just fine, and she's used the litter box.

Sparkler is the one I'm concerned about.. She has been staying back in the bedroom. I think she's intimidated by this new presence and doesn't know what to do about it.

I don't know what to do about this situation. Any ideas or suggestions? Please!

Thanks,
    Pat, and Sparkler, and Galaxy too
    Fingers crossed and sending caring thoughts that all will be well!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Thank you, Elyse.

Both of them have me concerned..

Sparkler seems to be doing all right now.. I spent some time last evening with her beside me on the couch, and I pet her as we watched TV. She has come back out into the living room today.

Galaxy pretty much stays in the carrier in the bathroom.. It's a soft-side one, and the front end is open and the top flap is open a little more than half the way back. That way I can see her from the top and whether she is facing front or back, and I can pet her. But it also gives her her "cave" at the back that she can relax in.

I leave the bathroom door open when I'm home, but she hasn't come out of the room yet. She comes out of the carrier to use the litterbox (whew!), but she hasn't done that yet today.

She's been peeing maybe a couple of times a day, but she hasn't pooped since Saturday, that I've seen anyway, and there isn't much space to hide some (unless it's under her in the carrier, and I sure hope not! I can slide my hand under her there, and I haven't felt anything other than fur and bedding. I don't quite know what to do about that. She's eating just fine.

OMIGOSH! I just now went to take another look in "her" room, and there she was in launch-position in the litterbox, so I trust some solid matter is on its way!!!!!

This is a work in progress, I think (I hope), and I can't expect miracles immediately.

Death thought about it.

I think that you, Sparkler and Galaxy are doing ok. It will take a while for everything to normalize.
    Let Sparkler sniff something with Galaxy's scent on it, and vice versa. Maybe some Feliway will help as well.
    Willa (5/1/1997-3/17/2018)