Thread: Lovely Colbie Jane!

Lovely Colbie Jane!

Meet Colbie, a.k.a. Colbie Jane! She and her sister terrorize my house and warm my heart. I rescued her mother as a kitten only to find afterward that the family that adopted her didn't get her spayed. She had a litter and her two little black furballs stole my heart. I gladly took them in - on one condition. Adoptive family had to get mom spayed.

Colbie is more outgoing than her sister and such a clown! She is not graceful at all even though she is sleek and slim. She trips over her own shadow and rolls off the couch while stretching. She greets me whenever I'm in the room with a tiny meow and a little chirp. She cuddles but only on her terms so I usually stop whatever I'm doing to enjoy the moment. Yes, I am wrapped around her little paw! Anything - even computer work, can be interrupted by this black beauty as you can see.

As with most cats, Colbie is not without her quirks. She LOVES plastic bags! I made the mistake of leaving homemade bread out on the counter one evening only to find the plastic bag in shreds on the floor and the bread destroyed. A few days ago she got into a bag of flour and being a black cat, she didn't hide it very well. That, and all the little white paw prints in the house led straight to her.

I've owned many cats through the years and she is such a blessing in my life. I can't imagine life without my Colbie Jane.
    Hello, Colbie Jane in Idaho! Happy Cat of the Day!

I wrote a short message in your thread yesterday, so I am happy to re-post today! What a gorgeous panther lady you are! Your fur looks so smooth and soft to pet!

Your person rescued your cat-mom and later found out that she had not been spayed. You and your sister were born, and when your cat-mom was adopted, the adopting family was responsible for having her spayed. You and your sister stayed together, how sweet!

You give a special greeting - a little meow and chirp - to your person, I'll bet that is so sweet to hear! You decide when it is cuddle time, and your person is responsible for stopping whatever is going on to enjoy the moment! It's cuddle time now! You have some "uh oh" moments, accidentally rolling from the couch or having a little trip. I smiled when I read about how you, a black cat, got into a bag of flour! Please be careful with plastic bags, though- I would not want anything bad to happen to you.

Happy, happy Cat of the Day to sweet, spirited, beautiful Colbie Jane!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Dearest Colbie Jane, what an absolutely adorable kitty you are, as yesterday's Cat of the Day and still adorable as ever today!

Your fur is such a sleek, gorgeous ebony color that looks so soft, and what a sweet face you have with those lovely big yellow-green eyes. Thank you for sharing all those great photos with us! You're so cute in every one of them. What a terrific gallery you're starring in! I love you licking your chops with your little pink tongue, helping mom/dad on the computer, resting in various locations around the home.. and that kitten picture is beyond precious! I wish I could reach through the screen and over to Boise ID to pet you, and pet your twin sister kitty, too! I can't, of course, but I know your loving and beloved Purrrson will pet you both for me .

And what a delightful Purrrsonality you have! You and your sister are full of energy and make your dear Purrrson smile with your antics. (PLEASE be careful playing with plastic bags! They can be very dangerous for kitties, causing obstruction if you swallow too much, or catching your neck and head in the carrier loop.) You are very outgoing and friendly. You greet your dear Purrrson with a tiny meow and a little chirp. You cuddle but only on your own terms, so he/she stops whatever other activity is happening to cuddle you and enjoy the moment. You and she/he and your dear sister all love each other very much, don't you. What a wonderful love-filled home you share!

Congratulations, darling Colbie Jane, on being chosen Cat of the Day for yesterday, December 9! We hope you and your dear Purrrson and sister and all your family and friends have had (maybe are still having!) a fine celebration, full of fun and lovies and all your favorite games and treats.

Last edited by phesina; 12-10-2018 at 05:59 PM.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery