Thread: Beautiful Syd the Kat!

Beautiful Syd the Kat!

Dearest Syd, you are gorgeous! You're such a handsome fellow in that great photo, with that fluffy, soft-looking pale orange and white fur and that sweet face with the cute pink nose and those long, LOOOOONG white whiskers and eyebrows and the lovely big green eyes. You look so happy by that tree trunk! I wish I could reach through the screen and over to Oxford, KS to pet you, and pet your four Weimaraners and one Lhasa Apso housemates, too! I can't, of course, but I know your loving and beloved Purrrents will pet you all for me .

And what a nice story of how you joined your family! You came to them skinny, matted, and scarred on a cold January day, taking shelter in their barn. Your Purrrents-to-be immediately welcomed you, taking you to the vet to be treated, neutered and shaved, then bringing you Home to recuperate as part of the family, which includes your Mom and Dad humans, four Weimaraners, and one Lhasa Apso. For years you had access to the barn and house, but you're now restricted to the house for safety reasons, so they built a large screened sun porch for your use. How nice to see from the photo what a wonderful safe space it is for you! You may miss your roaming days, but you're adjusting to a more domestic lifestyle. You and your dear Purrrents and doggie housemates all love each other very much, don't you. What a delightful love-filled home you share!

Congratulations, darling Syd, on being chosen today's Cat (Kat?) of the Day! We hope you and your dear Purrrents and Weimaraners and Lhasa Apso and all your family and friends are enjoying a fine celebration, full of fun and lovies and all your favorite games and treats.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Dear Syd, what a handsome boy you are. You look so soft and fluffy, and even though you look a bit serious there sitting in the tree, your face is very sweet.
    You have come a long way from being a skinny, scarred stray to being an indoor kitty with access to this beautiful outdoor enclosure!
    I'm glad that you are being kept safe since you are an older gentleman now. Even though you still miss your roaming ways, and you don't agree with your parents, I think you will appreciate the comfortable indoors.
    Syd the Kat, you are a special kitty, and I wish you, your doggie siblings and your parents a great day full of celebration, and many more happy and healthy years together.
    Willa (5/1/1997-3/17/2018)

Congratulations on being Cat of the Day, Sid the Kat!

I am glad Sid is restricted to the house for safety reasons.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana