Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Miss Kitty

Miss Kitty

Miss Kitty's appetite has been declining over the past couple of weeks, but she still would eat a bite here and there.
    She had a checkup last week for some coughing. There was nothing remarkable on her exam, except that she had some firm stool in her colon.
    She always had trouble with that, and this time I tried pumpkin, to no avail. She was really sick this past New Year's Day, when the lactulose (a stool softener) pushed her kidneys over the edge.
    Luckily, she recovered. This time, the vet recommended Miralax. I mixed her first dose in her food last night, but she barely touched it, so she hardly got any of the medicine.
    This morning, she had diarrhea, and this evening she started vomiting, and now she's off food completely.
    I'm afraid that she might be going into renal failure.
    She will have bloodwork done tomorrow.
    Please send healing thoughts for Miss Kitty, she is just a few months away from her 18th birthday.
    Willa (5/1/1997-3/17/2018)

Prayers and healing thoughts for Miss Kitty.

I hope that something like sub-q fluids may give her more quality time.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

We are sending loads of prayers and loving thoughts and warm healing energies to Miss Kitty. Please give her some gentle pets for me, Heidi.

We hope the bloodwork and checkup will give some indications of what's going on and ideas on what to do next.

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} and ~~~~PURRRS~~~~ and from Pat and Sparkler
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Healing thoughts on the way to Miss Kitty.

Blog Entries
    Wish only health and wellness to dear, sweet Miss Kitty. Such a scary, stressful time. She is so lucky to have such tender loving care.

Loving, healing thoughts for Miss Kitty ❤️

Edited to add: I typed this ^ on my phone last night. I am sending more wishes for health and healing today.
    Last edited by cassiesmom; 11-27-2018 at 12:41 PM.

Oh, poor Miss Kitty. I hope the vet can do something for her... perhaps sub-q fluids will help, and painkillers.

Sending lots of healing thoughts and love to your sweet girl.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Thank you all so much!
    Miss Kitty's bloodwork was completely normal, but we are sending out more blood to check for pancreatitis.
    The vet thought that she either could have gotten a tiny bit of Miralax, or she developed pancreatitis.
    She is so skinny now, she lost another half pound since last week.
    She was a little dehydrated, so she received subcutaneous fluids, along with an anti-nausea injection.
    I will treat her at home with anti-diarrhea meds and more anti-nausea pills.
    She ate a little and kept it down which made me very happy.

Sending positive thoughts to you and Miss Kitty!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Well, that sounds a little more promising... You're getting some better ideas of what is going on and things to do about it. Good news that she ate some and then kept it down!

Sparkler and I are sending more love and kind thoughts and prayers and warm healing energies along to dear Miss Kitty. May she and you all get some good rest.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.

Miss Kitty's test was normal, so no pancreatitis. She is still eating, not a whole lot, but ok. I have never seen any cat drinking that much water and therefore peeing as much as Miss Kitty!

Miss Kitty definitely hates her kidney diet now. And I'm not going to make her eat it.
    I'll give her whatever she wants. As long as she eats, I'm ok with that.

What kind of kidney diet food is Miss Kitty getting? My cats that had kidney issues hated the Hill's K/D food. I found that they liked Purina NF and would eat that.

Sweet Miss Kitty, may you enjoy yummy food of whatever kind that you like to eat! We're sending you loads of love and good wishes and warm energies!

~~~~~PURRRS~~~~~ and gentle pets and from your friends Sparkler and Pat
    Last edited by phesina; 11-30-2018 at 08:11 PM.
    Death thought about it.

Thank you, Pat!
    It was Purina NF Early care, for not so advanced kidney disease. I tried Hill k/d first. Every cat seems to hate that, then the regular NF.
    She ate the early care just fine, but then she got sick, and she probably associates the food with that, even though the food didn't make her sick.
    I figured since her kidneys are hanging in there (that sounds weird), we just sticking with whatever she eats.
    A kitty's got to eat!

Here's hoping that the right foods turn up for Miss Kitty, ones she finds yummy-licious! Does she like baby food?

Death thought about it.