Thread: Gorgeous George!

Gorgeous George!

We got into a discussion once about which famous actor our cat reminded us of. It was Oliver Reed - a handsome, dashing, brute of a boy, who could be the biggest charmer or biggest SOB you ever met, depending on his mood.

George grew up on the "mean streets" along the Jersey Shore. He was a stray who knew how to play his human marks perfectly—crashing a backyard family barbecue and spending time on each of our laps. Aww. Cute! How can we not take this little guy in?

Well, now he pretty much runs the place. He tells us when to get up, when to go to bed, when to play, and when it's time for breakfast, lunch, afternoon snacks, hors d'oeuvres, and dinner. He loves people, and will plop himself down in the middle of the biggest party to demand homage. He is the lappiest lap cat who ever demanded a lap, and will attach himself to you for hours. Seriously, hours.

George loves to be chased, and then to chase you in return. He's obsessed with bubble wrap, and enjoys lying on a big sheet we keep on the floor. Thunder and the vacuum mean nothing to him; he fears only sirens. George will rub against you, purr like a jackhammer, smother you with love, and then sink his teeth into your arm. I think it amuses him on some twisted level.

He's a grand-stander who yowls in the bathroom because he likes the acoustics. He goes nuts over olives, alternating between wanting to eat and wanting to kill them. And when you rake your fingers along the metal teeth of his cat brush, wherever he is, he will appear on your lap in under five seconds.

We love him so much it sometimes feels like our hearts will burst. Except right now, because it's 4:52 am and he just woke me up for breakfast with one of his favorite tricks - hooking his claw on my lower lip and pulling down.
    Hello, gorgeous George! Happy Cat of the Day!

What a handsome fellow you are! You look very nice in your morning suit / tuxedo, and your fur looks so smooth and soft to pet!

You introduced yourself to your family at a backyard barbecue, lap by lap! Guess what, it worked perfectly! Now you are in charge of the place. You love people and will place yourself at the center of a party, demanding homage! You have discovered the acoustics in the bathroom and that it's the best place to do some singing (yowling)! You like to play chase, and you're obsessed with bubble wrap!

You are the director of meal times, letting your people know when it is time for breakfast, lunch, afternoon snacks, hors d'oeuvres, and dinner. You like olives, both as a snack and a game! You also guide your people's bed time. Best of all, you are the lappiest lap cat ever -- enjoying combing and snuggles! You are a very greatly loved kitty!

Happy, happy Cat of the Day to dashing George!
    Last edited by cassiesmom; 11-26-2018 at 05:21 PM.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Dearest George, you are stunning! What an absolutely gorgeous gentleman cat you are in your tuxedo complete with white gloves and spats! That grey and white fur is so pretty and looks so very soft, and what a sweet face you have with those long white whiskers and lovely big green eyes. Thank you for sharing all those great photos with us! They show you off so well in so many different poses and actions. In that first one of you lying on your back, are you asking for a tummy rub? I wish I could reach through the screen and over to Somerville, NJ to rub it (only if you want it rubbed, of course) and pet you. I can't, of course, but I know your loving and beloved Purrrsons will rub your tummy (only if you want it rubbed, of course) and pet you for me .

And what a delightful story you have to tell! You were a stray who grew up on the "mean streets" along the Jersey Shore. You picked your human marks (your Family-To-Be) perfectly, crashing their backyard barbecue and settling on their laps. The rest is history! Now you are in charge, scheduling your family members tightly so all the important tasks are done on time (that 4:52 am wakeup routine is ingenious!).

You are full of energy and make your dear Purrrsons, and all who meet you, smile with your antics. You love chasing and being chased, and lying on your special bubble-wrap sheet. You enjoy olives both to eat and to kill. You are also very affectionate, the lappiest lap cat who ever demanded a lap! You love people and will settle down amidst them at parties to demand homage. On occasion you will play your little trick of rubbing against someone, purring away and smothering the person with love.. then sinking your teeth into his/her arm! (I know a cat just like that!) You and your dear Purrrsons all love each other very much, don't you. As they say, "..so much it sometimes feels like our hearts will burst." What a wonderful love-filled home you all share!

Congratulations, darling George, on being chosen today's Cat of the Day! We hope you and your dear Purrrsons and all your family and friends are enjoying a fine celebration, full of fun and lovies and all your favorite games and treats.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

How handsome you are in your grey tuxedo, George.
    Congratulations on being today's Cat of the Day!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Blog Entries
    George is impossibly divine! How clever he is, he is so wonderful he can get his peeps to happily do everything he wants with very little effort! What a delicious life he leads, just excellent for a right proper cat! Sure wish he'd curl up on my lap, my cats will not do that😼 Have the best day!

Gorgeous George!

Greetings, gorgeous George, "he who will not be denied!" Happy Cat of the Day!!!

What a hunky, handsome, oh so dashing, manly man you are, George! You do Oliver Reed, one of my all time favorites hunks, proud! Your feature photo is priceless and speaks volumes! (Having been raised in Jersey, I have to say, you definitely have that Jersey swagger about you!)

I can't tell you how much I enjoyed reading your backstory, George, your human's love filled, most entertaining tribute! Oh, what a lovable character you are!

We love him so much it sometimes feels like our hearts will burst. Except right now, because it's 4:52 am and he just woke me up for breakfast with one of his favorite tricks - hooking his claw on my lower lip and pulling down.
    I can well relate to those early wake up calls, George, but a claw to the lip, not so much! Not even a rip to the lip can dampen your humans' unwavering devotion, their unconditional, "heart bursting" love for you. You sure did have a rough early start at life, George, ekeing out a life on the mean streets of the Jersey shore, but fear not, you put your wiles to work and...

George grew up on the "mean streets" along the Jersey Shore. He was a stray who knew how to play his human marks perfectly—crashing a backyard family barbecue and spending time on each of our laps. Aww. Cute! How can we not take this little guy in?
    as the saying goes, the rest is (happy) history! hehe Oh, how very special you are, George; irascible, irresistible, simply the best! Your humans are one lucky bunch, having a furkid, a man of the house as devilishly charming, as beautiful, as personality packed as you! You're the best, George, one in a million, and so very deserving of your big day of honor!

Thanks for the smiles and the laughs, sweetheart! Meeting you has made my evening! I hope you're enjoying a very special day of celebration, sweetheart, eating (or killing) olives, your choice, hehe; warming those laps; hogging the spotlight; being loved and pampered to pieces by your doting, devoted humans! Lots of love, hugs and kisses to you, gorgeous George, our very special and most deserving Cat of the Day, EVERY day!

Precious!!!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Oh, George, what a handsome dude you are! And...a very clever boy.

I know all about you grey tuxie as I had one years ago and he was a cool guy, too. I loved how you managed to get yourself adopted. Who could resist?

Congratulations on being chosen as COTD. You surely deserve it. And your purrents get accolades, too, for keeping you.

Love and purrs,
    Tippy, Chloe, Chessie,and Pixie

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️😻😻😻😻💋💋💋
    Loving meowmie to Archy & Binky (RIP my sweet boy 10/13/10)

=^..^=

I

Dear George, what a most handsome boy you are. Your coat looks so plush and soft, and your face is so sweet and very expressive.
    You sure know how to pose for the camera. And you are not afraid to show off that fabulous belly.
    Your street smarts got you adopted by your forever family by crashing a backyard barbecue. You never left and you have been in charge ever since.
    You are incredibly charming and demanding, and I would happily oblige, as does your family.
    You are a "lappy" lap cat, and at the same time, independent to the max. You sink your teeth into people's arms, you yowl in the bathroom, and you eat and kill olives.
    George, you are irresistible, and I wish you and your family a great day full of celebration, and many more happy and healthy years together.
    Willa (5/1/1997-3/17/2018)