Thread: Precious Smokey

Precious Smokey

Dear Smokey, what a beautiful baby you are. Your stripey coat looks so soft, and you have the cutest face.
    Your pictures are so adorable, each single one of them!
    I am very sorry that your person lost his/her Judy at only eight years old. I, too, believe that you came to your forever home for a reason. What better way to heal from loss than a special little guy like you!
    You came with an injured leg, but with care and love you healed, and now, at eight weeks old, you have never missed the litterbox, and you are so active and playful that you make everyone tired just watching you.
    Smokey, you are a kitten with a bright future ahead of him, and I wish you and your family a great day full of celebration, and many more happy and healthy years together.
    Willa (5/1/1997-3/17/2018)

Blog Entries
    Smokey is a super adorable kitten! I know what you mean about the recliner, when my cat was wee I was always terrified her Pa would crush her in the recliner, SO stressful! Wishing dear Smokey everything wonderful and a long and happy life! Excellent baby COTD!

About two weeks before I had to put down my eight-year-old Judy, a man brought this little four-week-old kitten to me. It had been injured slightly such that it had difficulty walking. Little Smokey was put int the kennel with a box of dirt, a folded blankie, some food and water. For two weeks he was fed every four hours with baby formula through a syringe. Before the second week was over, he started eating the kitten chow and drinking water. The most amazing thing about this little guy is that he has never missed the litter box.

At seven weeks of age, I began letting him out of the kennel during the day. I needed a little time to train myself to not slam the recliner closed. I sleep in the recliner. He turned an estimated eight weeks old on Saturday 10 Nov 2018. Since I do not believe in coincidence, I think that Smokey was sent to me for a reason.

The only bad thing about this cat is his flatulence. It is horrible! But he knows who "Smokey" is. He usually comes when called. And boy, does he play. Makes me tired just watching him. We already love this little guy, and look forward to watching him grow!
    Hello, adorable kitten Smokey! Happy Cat of the Day!

What a sweet little one you are! Your kitten face, and your striped fur - precious!

I agree that you came to your forever home for a reason. I am so sorry your person lost Judy at just eight years old. You started on kitten formula and advanced to kitten chow and water - and never missed your litter pan!

Your person has learned not to close the recliner and now you are out of your kennel during the day. You are getting very good at playing! You are learning to come when you're called, too! With regard to the flatulence, maybe try a different kitten food? I am by no means an expert on raising tiny kittens, so I'm hoping some of my friends will have more to say.

Sweet, adorable Smokey - happy eight week birthday! I hope you will have a very long and happy life with your caring family!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Dearest Smokey, what an utterly adorable little eight-week-old kitten you are! You are absolutely precious! What pretty grey and white tabby fur you have that looks so soft, and what a sweet face you have with that cute pink nose and the lovely big eyes. You look like you are smiling in those great photos, and you probably are! You are so very relaxed in different positions in them, the perfect kitten. In the ones of you showing your tummy, are you asking for a tummy rub? I wish I could reach through the screen and over to Heppner, OR to rub it (only if you want it rubbed, of course) and pet you. I can't, of course, but I know your loving and beloved Purrrson will rub your tummy (only if you want it rubbed, of course) and pet you for me .

And what a story you have to tell! You were brought to your Purrrson-to-be at age four weeks. I also think that you came to him/her for a reason, to help her/him heal from losing her/his beloved eight-year-old Judy a couple of weeks later. Our deepest sympathy to your dear Purrrson for Judy's passing. You were slightly injured and had trouble walking. He/she put you in your own space and syringe-fed you every four hours. Soon you were eating kitten chow and drinking water. And you've never missed your litter box! At age seven weeks, you started coming out of your kennel, and your dear Purrrson is being extra careful with his recliner. You just turned an estimated eight weeks on Saturday, November 10.

You have the most delightful Purrrsonality! You know your name and usually come when called. And boy, do you play! You are full of energy and make your dear Purrrson smile with your antics. Your only "bad" thing is that you make stinky kitten-farts! You and your dear Purrrson and all your family members love each other very much, don't you. They are looking forward to watching you grow. What a wonderful love-filled home you share!

Congratulations, darling Smokey, on being chosen today's Cat of the Day! We hope you and your dear Purrrson and all your family and friends are enjoying a fine celebration, full of fun and lovies and all your favorite games and treats. We know Judy Angel is rejoicing with you at the Rainbow Bridge!

Last edited by phesina; 11-14-2018 at 05:03 AM.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Smokey

Adorable kitten -- and so very lucky to have found a home. We had a "tootin' tabby" (a rescue as well) several years ago. There is a product called Forta Flora (probiotic) for cats that might help his little tummy. I believe it's available from veterinary clinics.

Best wishes as your precious little Smokey grows into a big, beautiful cat!

Precious Smokey!

Hi Smokey! Happy Cat of the Day!

Be still my heart!!! You're giving me kitten pangs! You are just TOO precious words, wittle one, and quite the fighter and survivor (with just a little help from you human)!
    I couldn't agree with your mom/dad more when he/she says you were destined to find your way to your furever family, that your humans' beloved Judy had a paw in leading you to them! And I have no doubt, with each passing day, week, month you'll be doing her legacy proud, bringing immeasurable joy, love and laughter to your humans' lives! (We'll give Judy a pass on passing on the "air biscuits" thing!) That said, beware the recliner! Your humans are one lucky bunch, having a beautiful, sweet and loving furkid in you, Smokey! They're in for a blast over the months and years to come, watching your grown and learn, making mischief, bringing endless joy, love and laughter to their lives! You truly are a treasure, Smokey, and so very deserving of your big day of honor!

Thanks for ending my day with a BIG smile, cutie pie! Reading your human's love filled tribute, seeing your utterly heart-melting pics, has been the perfect way to end my day! I hope you're enjoying a very special day of celebration, Smokey, cuddling with your humans, being loved and pampered to pieces! Lots of love, cuddles and kisses to you, precious Smokey, our very special and most deserving Cat of the Day, EVERY day!

Heart-melting!!!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Happy Cat of the Day, precious Smokey!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Smokey

Don't worry too much about the flatulence. I had a kitten whose gas could peel paint off the walls. I asked my vet about it and she said either the kitten would grow out of it or I'd just have to get used to it. Fortunately she grew out of it.