Thread: Beautiful Orange Tabby

Beautiful Orange Tabby

I was driving south on a very busy highway. About a couple of km before my turnoff turnoff you dashed across the 3 lanes of traffic. It was dark and the car in the 3rd lane didn't hit you, but you were between all his wheels and rolled over, still alive.
    I pulled over, put on my flashers, and backed up hoping against hope you might be alive. I stopped and got out of the car. You were dead, sweet baby, on the highway in the middle lane. Cars had knocked you about several times and I shuddered as another car did the same, though you couldn't feel it.
    Then a passing car knocked you towards me, close enough to reach you, and the traffic cleared just enough. I picked you up, still warm and soft. I placed you at the edge of the shoulder.

I hope your family found you. I knew when I first saw you that you were well fed and cared for, and loved.

I wish I could have saved you. Play happy at the bridge, nameless sweetheart. Love you.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Oh, Candace, how sad. I am so sorry.

Thank you and bless you for trying to save this kitty. You did so much, everything you could, out of love. I hope his/her family found him so they will know what happened and can grieve him.

He is at the Rainbow Bridge now, whole and healthy again. Play happily with all the other beloved creatures there, dear kitty. We love you very much, and we will all join you there, One Fine Day...

And yes, everyone, please, PLEASE, PLEASE keep your kitties inside!

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} and ~~~~PURRRS~~~~ and from Pat and Sparkler and all the Angels
    Last edited by phesina; 11-08-2018 at 04:09 PM.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Rest in peace, orange kitty.
    I've Been Frosted

Beautiful orange tabby, I'm so sorry and so saddened by what happened to you. Be free and happy at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Thank you so much, Candace, for trying to save this kitty.
    Please, please, please, all you caring and loving kitty parents: Keep you babies inside.
    Willa (5/1/1997-3/17/2018)

Blog Entries
    I am sure you must be very traumatized by that scary and sad experience. I know how kind your heart is and that you desperately wanted to help that poor, beautiful orange tabby. Please be very careful when you are in so much traffic because you could get injured very badly simply being wonderful and trying to help! So sorry it turned out so terrible but we are proud of your bravery, the world needs more people like you!

Play hard at Rainbow Bridge, sweet kitty!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana