Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: It's almost done...

It's almost done...

Next week, I will close on a house! Hooray! This is my big life change, actually the biggest thing I've ever accomplished besides moving to the US.
    A few months ago, I ended a longterm relationship. I finally found the nerve to do it.
    It will be a giant change for the kitties as well. Except for Miss Kitty, they all grew up in the current place.
    It'll be just me and the kitties.
    Willa (5/1/1997-3/17/2018)

WOW!!! What a huge change, indeed! Sounds wonderful!

We are sending along all our loving best wishes that all goes well and you and the kitties all settle in happily.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Blog Entries
    I am so happy for you. Sounds like you are ready for a new beginning and I know your future will be exciting for you and your cats! A home of your very own, awsome! Wishing you good fortune and health as you move forward!

Liebe Heidi, ich wünsche dir alles Gute in neuen Heim. All the best
    for Kitties as well. Do they have a garden to run around?.

Thanks everybody for the well wishes!
    There is a garden, but the kitties are and will always be indoors. There are too many dangers lurking out there.

Heidi, I wish you and the kitties the very best in your new place! I'm glad you ended a realtionshp that wasn't working, it does take courage. Will you move to another state, or stay nearby?

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

I'm moving to a place nearby, which works well regarding my travel to work and all the other connections I have here in this area.
    And yes, it does take courage, because after 16 years, there's a danger of complacency and fear of inconvenience that a change will bring.
    I'm in the home stretch now. Everything has been approved by the bank, hooray!
    It will be a 2-day move. The first day, I will be moving stuff by myself, so today, I rented a van for that. The second day, I have several friends helping me to wrap everything up.

Congratulations, and best wishes in your new place!
    I've Been Frosted

Congratulations! The kitties will enjoy sniffing everything in their new house!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Thank you, Karen and Candace!
    I'm a little worried about the kitties. It's a much bigger challenge for them. They will be set up in a room for the first few days, with Feliway diffusers, to get acclimated.
    On the last day of moving, they will be boarded at the vet, and I will pick them up in the evening.
    Luckily, the previous owner didn't have pets.

Blog Entries
    Wishing you the best!! 🍾🥂 to new beginnings.

Congratulations to you and please let me know how it goes or if you have any advice! My marriage officially ended at the beginning of February and I am closing on a house in the next couple of weeks as well! It will be just me and 3 of the furrballs...good luck! The future is going to be nothing but amazing!

One piece of advice from me is to make lists of what is inside the different boxes - put it inside. Also write on the boxes... Bathroom, Kitchen, Living room, etc.

Oh, and meassure up the rooms, so you know what furniture fit where.

Good luck with the move!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Congratulations to both you ladies for moving forward with your lives. I hope all of the kitties involved adjust quickly and happily to their new homes.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Yes, congratulations to you both, and all good wishes!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery