Thread: Thursdays #717 - Halloween

Thursdays #717 - Halloween

I'm going to open up a day early because it's Halloween. I've got cider warming and I'm waiting for a doughnut delivery. Happy Halloween! No tricks in my world, just treats.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

*drums fingers on table* Where is everybody? Are you still sorting your Halloween candy? Would it help if I went and got doughnuts to go with the cider?

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

I went to dinner (I had a glass of cider with mine) with my sister and her partner, then to their home where we watched an episode of the YouTube series "Midsomer Murders." Great way to spend Halloween eve!

I'll have some cider and a doughnut, and thank you, Elyse! I just served some Fancy Feast for Sparkler.

from Pat and Sparkler
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

I'm going to put this here, instead of random thoughts. because it's sad news. I wanted to ask if you all would think a good thought, or say a prayer, for Mercy Hospital in Chicago. It's the oldest hospital in the city. You might have heard on the news that a man contacted his fiancée at work- she was an emergency department doctor there. She had just broken off the relationship and called 911 after he contacted her. He found her in the parking lot after her shift and shot her. Two other people were also killed, one of whom was a Chicago police officer. The other I believe was a friend of the doctor. The gunman was also shot but I don't know how. The doctor was also a church musician who had a heart for the city of Chicago. She grew up in northwest Indiana and attended medical school here. Mercy is just south of downtown Chicago, right by the McCormick Place convention center and not too far from where the White Sox play. It's a Catholic hospital, one that never makes the news, just quietly goes about the business of taking care of people. I have one former co-worker who now works there. I hope and pray for a lasting solution to the gun violence in our city.

Thank you all,
    Elyse (I'm a nurse, so this story breaks my heart)

Dear Elyse, I am sending loving good thoughts and prayers and good wishes to the people of Mercy Hospital and everyone affected by this sad event. Another senseless, needless tragedy.

Hugs and deepest sympathy,
    Pat
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery