Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can I ask for prayers for Bradley?

I am sitting at the computer writing a response and Bradley is asleep in my lap. He now spends most of his time sleeping, but I hope that is because his anemia is so bad. I am still syringe feeding him a can of a/d food every day but he is still not interested in eating. Only sometimes will he eat treats

We have an appointment next week for more blood work and will find out then if the steroids are working. Please keep sending us your prayers and good vibes.

Blog Entries
    Doing that right now, I do sure hope Bradley is well soon 😻💝 Hang in, best wishes!!!!

Blog Entries
    You know what, I'd try canned salmon or tuna. It's not really the food sometimes but the smell will sometimes awaken their appetite. Only a suggestion, but I think it's worth a try. ❤️

Blog Entries
    What is a/d food?

Bradley ate a couple of Temptations treats last night!!! This is the first time in over a week he has really showed any interest in them. He also took a couple of bites of cat food this morning. But it wasn't enough so I still fed him with a syringe.

The a/d food I have been giving him is prescription food that vet's use for really sick animals when they are in the vet hospital and don't want to eat. The nice thing about it, is that it can supply all the nutrients he needs and you can add water to if it they are drinking.

I tried tuna last week but not salmon. Thanks for the suggestion!

Blog Entries
    A couple bites is excellent, absolutely a step forward!! 👍🏿💕❤️😻 I think smell is very motivating, I think it awakens memories of tasty food and healthy days, for animals and human beings, sort of subconsciously, you know. Without being pushy and overwhelming. This is a difficult time, I am sure. You are doing magnificently.

Well done, Bradley, with the Temptations and a couple of bites of cat food!

Meowmie is taking such good care of you, and you have all your friends here on Pet Talk thinking of you and praying for you and sending you all our good wishes and warm healing energies and love.

You and she are both doing magnificently indeed! We're with you all the way.

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} and ~~~~PURRRS~~~~ and from Pat and Sparkler and Galaxy
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Keep going, Bradley!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

How is Bradley today?
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

He has not been doing well the last couple of days. Although he did eat a little dry kibble this morning. Unfortunately I don't think that he is going to make it. But I won't find out until Thursday for sure. This is just so hard to watch my cat and realize that I will likely lose him very soon.

I'm so sorry to hear Bradley hasn't improved. You are doing everything you can, syringe feeding him for so long is quite a job. I so hope he will get better and start eating by himself.

Lots of good wishes, love and comfort to you both.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

I am so sorry that Bradley is not doing well, despite your very best effort. I hope you will get some good news on Thursday.
    Maybe Bradley's appetite will pick up some more.
    Willa (5/1/1997-3/17/2018)

I'm so sorry, Bradley and Cheryl. You're both working so hard. Well done, Bradley, eating a little kibble this morning! Your dear Meowmie loves you so very much!

We're continuing to send you loads of love and good wishes and prayers and warm healing energies.

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} and ~~~~PURRRS~~~~ and from Pat and Galaxy and Sparkler
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Blog Entries
    Our hearts our with you no matter what, I wish Bradley would get healthier right this instant.

He is not getting any better and didn't purr this morning when we were cuddling. I decided to cancel the appointment this afternoon because I know the blood work is going to tell me what I already know ... he is dying.

I refuse to take him to the vet's office to pass over to the Bridge, so I will phone a vet I know who does house calls for this. Unfortunately he is closed today because of the snow storm, which means I have to wait until tomorrow.