Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Teeth issues

Dear Carole and Phoenix, we are sending you loads of loving good wishes and hopes that all goes well.

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} and ~~~~PURRRS~~~~ and from Pat and Galaxy (who had all her teeth removed a few months ago, just before I got her) and Sparkler
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Quote Originally Posted by carole View Post
    What a brilliant idea ,I will indeed try that thank you.

Can you please tell me how much water ,and biscuits to use ,(portion wise I mean ) I had a stick blender but it didn’t purée them ,I did give him the liquid with the flavour of the biscuits in it ,he drank a little .
    I do about one part dry to almost one part warm water. After I puree it there is a lot of the goop still in the container so I use as little warm water as possible to rinse that down, swirl it, and add it to the bowl.

I always give Oscar his food first as he is a slower eater than Cole. Cole laps his up in a hurry then waits nearby to scarf whatever Oscar doesn't eat. I always catch him though and ruin his buffet!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

So do you mean like for example say half a cup of biscuits to half a cup of water ,I’d have to buy a decent blender as mine didn’t work .

Thank you phesina for you kind thoughtful words .

It has been tough going loosing Evee last September and Lexie the year before ,I’m hoping to have my young boy for a lot longer ,he’s my last kitty ,so fingers crossed .
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Quote Originally Posted by carole View Post
    So do you mean like for example say half a cup of biscuits to half a cup of water ,I’d have to buy a decent blender as mine didn’t work .

Thank you phesina for you kind thoughtful words .

It has been tough going loosing Evee last September and Lexie the year before ,I’m hoping to have my young boy for a lot longer ,he’s my last kitty ,so fingers crossed .
    I had to think hard - I do this so automatically I don't pay much mind - if you're blending 1/2 cup of dry, add 3/4 cup of warm water. More water than biscuits.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Thanks ,will try this in the future .much appreciated.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Carole, I'm so sorry to her about Phoenix' teeth problems. I really hope mixing kibbles with water is going to help, so he will eat. It's so difficult to know if a cat is in pain, they hide it so well, but he is getting something for the pain, isn't he?

It's also hard to decide what to do, since the different vets say different things, but if he has the remaning teeth removed, I think he will still be able to eat kibbles.
    I'm sending lots of love and comfort to your sweet Phoenix.

(((hugs)))

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Thanks for your concern ,rest assured He’s not in pain ,and he has pain meds after the surgery ,he was actually eating fine even before and was then on a mix of wet and dry ,and was on pain meds before the surgery as I had to wait to get him in due to holidays etc .

yes my other cat Evee had full extraction ,but my experience with her is she just stopped eating dry food ,but she still had a sore mouth at times and an ulcer on her tongue that would not heal ,so maybe that’s why ,just worried If we we go down that road he might do the same .

Yes I’ve had my vet and Anothers advice ,one says we don’t remove all the teeth as can remove teeth that might never be affected .

my vet suggests next time ,he wanted to this time but I decided not to ,and just see how he goes ,is a big deal to put him through and he’s only five so I want to at least see how things go ,it’s more costly this way for sure ,but I don’t want it to be about money but what’s best for Phoenix ,of course having three dentals in two years means anesthetics all the time so vet not sure that’s a good idea ,he had a SDMA result of his blood test that were raised ,but I’m not too concerned as can be a false positive ,so not very reliable ,everything else was fine ,he was stressed too so might be a reason they were allievated .
    Furangels only lent.