Thread: Precious Mikey

Precious Mikey

Dear Mikey, what a handsome tabby boy you were here on earth, and now a beautiful angel at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Your story brought tears to my eyes. You had such a unique life, starting out on the mean streets, and then finally finding your forever home with your dad and your kitty sister.
    There was never a dull moment, from living in a grocery store, then to the mountains of Colorado. Finally, as a senior kitty, you moved into an RV for a great road adventure. Unfortunately, your kidneys gave out on Christmas Day 2003 and you crossed the Rainbow Bridge.
    Your dad is still missing you so much, but you will always be in his heart and you will watch over him until you meet again.
    Willa (5/1/1997-3/17/2018)

Blog Entries
    That was the most beautiful and touching story about the life and times of Mikey. Thank you and I am so sorry for your loss. Seeing Mikey's photos and reading all about him and his loving peeps truly means a lot. What a divine COTD. Mikey will always and forever be COTD

Dearest Mikey, what a beautiful guy you are! You're quite the handsome, distinguished-looking fellow, both here on earth and as a glorious Angel now. That brown/black Tabby fur with the white trim is so pretty in such an interesting design, and you have the sweetest face with those lovely big green eyes. And I love those white boots on your back feet and those front toes dipped in cream! Thank you for sharing those great photos with us, showing you in favorite spots around home. I wish I could reach through the screen and ...all the way to the Rainbow Bridge! ..to pet you, and pet your Queen kitty housemate Angel too! I can't, of course, but I know the other Angels are all petting you both for me .

And what a story you have to tell! You've lived quite the exciting life, in many different places and situations.. starting on the streets, finding your dear Persons and Queen housemate at age three months, moving around in Colorado and having lots of adventures. Then one day the Queen was gone, and Dad said she went to the Rainbow Bridge. Time went on, with more travels and activities. And then at age 17 you came down with renal failure, and you joined your dear Queen at the Rainbow Bridge on Christmas Day 2003. Your dear Dad still misses you very much! You and he and the Queen Angel all love each other very much, don't you. What a wonderful love-filled home and lives you have all shared!

Congratulations, darling Mikey Angel, on being chosen today's Cat of the Day! We hope you and your dear Dad and the Queen Angel and all your friends and family are all enjoying a fine celebration, full of fun and lovies and precious memories and keepsakes. The other Angels are all rejoicing with you at the Bridge!

Last edited by phesina; 02-18-2019 at 06:49 AM.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

That was a beautiful story.

Congratulations on being Cat of the Day, Angel Mikey!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Dear Mikey,

You sure were a traveling kitty! You lived in many places that were all different, but each time you adapted and learned your way around

Throughout all of your adventures, you remained calm and loving toward your owner. I’m sure he was always happy to have you around! You must have been great company.
    You had some other cat friends, and now you have joined them in the rainbow bridge!
    I can tell you loved to eat, from how you got your name. The grocery store must have been a blast for you to live in. All of that food!

But the true paradise and your favorite of all the places you lived in was in the Colorado mountains. You could roam outside and inside, but not at night! Your owner would often talk to you about why you couldn’t go out at night, and you always listened patiently. But then you’d go right back to sitting at the door and wanting to go outside!

You have many special qualities that made you unique. Your owner loves you very much. Even though you’ve been gone for a few years now, you are still missed and always will be. But you will never truly be gone. You’ll always have a special place in your owners heart and I know you will always be watching over him from your place in the rainbow bridge.

Blog Entries
    Amen