Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Olive is sick

Olive is sick

Olive developed an upper respiratory infection about 5 days ago, and I am very scared.
    Olive was diagnosed with cardiomyopathy 7 years ago, and she has been doing well on her medication.
    Another thing she had going on for all of her life are really bad stools, soft and bloody. They never affected her adversely and she just lives with it.
    She had an ultrasound a few years ago, and nothing was found. Of course, they suggested biopsies, but I won't put her under anesthesia because of her heart.
    A few days ago, her vet suggested to try steroids for her stools because she's loosing weight. Heart issues and steroids together are usually a big no-no. She said to just watch her breathing, and to take her off the meds if there's an issue.
    I was a little hesitant, but I started her on prednisolone. A few days later, she started sneezing. Steroids lower the immune systems, so I immediately took her off.
    She is getting worse, barely wants to eat, and sleeps all day. Her chest sounded clear yesterday, but I'm worried she might develop pneumonia.
    I'll take her back to work tomorrow to get antibiotics.
    Please send some healing thoughts for sweet Olive.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Willa (5/1/1997-3/17/2018)

Oh, poor Olive. I am crossing my fingers that she won't develop pneumonia. Can you put her in the bathroom with some steam - that might help. If not, I hope the antibiotics will. Be careful not to let her sit in draft. How old is she?

She is such a beautiful girl and I send her lots of healing thoughts - and hugs to you.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Oh, Heidi, this is so awful! I really hope that Olive rallies and pulls through with some antibiotics.

Come on Olive, try to get well - your mom has had enough kitty heartbreak.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Thank you, Randi and Candace!
    She will be 12 in May, so not really a spring chicken anymore. She does act like one though, when she feels good.
    It is really difficult to see her like that, a usually hyper and always hungry kitty.

Oh, Heidi, I'm so sorry to learn this. We are sending along healing thoughts and prayers and good wishes and warm loving energies for dear Olive. I hope antibiotics will help or some other solution can be found.

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} and ~~~~PURRRS~~~~ and to Olive and you all.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Caring thoughts and prayers for dear Olive!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Heidi, I am sorry to hear this. Sending positive thoughts and prayers to you and Olive!
    Last edited by Felicia's Mom; 02-14-2019 at 06:12 AM.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Healing thoughts and prayers on the way to sweet Olive. Don't do this to Meowmie please Olive, she
    has had enough of Kitty heartbreak.

Blog Entries
    Sending huge waves of love and health to Olive and her Mum! 😍😺😻😍

Olive got her antibiotic injection today. It will last for 2 weeks.
    This poor kitty is so congested, and she's depositing mucus everywhere with every sneeze. And there are a lot of sneezes!
    Her appetite is still poor, but I hope that by tomorrow the antibiotic will start doing its job.

We're hoping, too, and sending our best wishes that the antibiotic will start working tomorrow. Love to dear Olive and you and all your family.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Blog Entries
    I just know Olive will get better! I remember I had two kittens yrs. ago and they had something or other, I was suprized at the amount of mucus that came out of those poor baby's, shocked honestly. I didn't know there was that much snot in the whole world 🤧 It can't be anything but good it's coming out.

I hope the antibiotic works quickly! Get well soon, Olive!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Olive seems to be a bit better today.
    She's still congested, but she seems to be more active, and she's eating a bit better.

Sending more prayers and positive thoughts.

Come on Olive, get better!
    Last edited by Felicia's Mom; 02-14-2019 at 06:22 AM.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana