Thread: Ravishing Roxy!

Ravishing Roxy!

Hi, my name is Roxy, I live in Opelika Alabama with my owner Pete and his Mother Mary (my Grandma).

I was found at the local cat adoption center and when my Pete came in I was with my two other siblings in a cage but when he came over I knew he was the right one for ME!!! I reached out and grabbed his finger and started licking and purring very loudly, He took one look and took me home that very day. I was about 6 months old and made myself at home at once. I love to be combed and petted and I MUST sleep next to Pete in my own little cat bed next to his head. I am an indoor / outdoor cat and here in Alabama I have lots of things to chase and catch (bugs, snakes, mice, and chipmonks) I have caught a few and have to bring them right to the front door for my folks to see my prize. I am a shorthair tabby and to my owners surprise I dont shed and even though I have a cat box I insist on going outside and have to wake Pete up at 6:00 in the morning to let me out. I love sleeping in my window shelf during the days that it rains and I cant go out, but I will go out and get wet if I see something runnung around. I have my best friend, A black and white cat which I think is a stray but I let her eat some of my food in my outdoor food dish. I could not have found more loving and caring owners who treat me like a PRINCESS. I will purr whenever I am picked up or petted by anybody that come to see me. I love it here and will always play with any empty box or string and I just love the laser pointer when they make me run all over trying to catch that little light. I hope that every cat is as happy as I am.

I found this cat at the local pet rescue hospital. There were three other cats there but this one reached out and grabbed my finger so I just had to have her. She was about eight weeks old when I got her and she has made may life a whole lot fuller. She is a great hunter and will bring home anything she catches (mostly they are still alive) but she still wants to cuddle up with her grandma and will eat just about anything (she loves her cat treats and will pick them up with her paws. We just love to death. She sleeps in her window hammock (about 10 to 15 hours a day) in the winter but loves to be outside and will follow me anywhere I go, even to just take out the trash. She is one of a kind cat !!!
    Hello, Princess Roxy in Alabama! Happy Cat of the Day!

What a gorgeous tabby lady you are! You have been with your daddy and grandma since you were a six-month-old kitten! I like your lovely tabby striped fur, which looks so nice from all the combing and petting!

You awaken your daddy at 6 AM to let you go outdoors, where you check on all that's going on! You have a black and white kitty friend who visits you. You are a skilled huntress (eek!) and bring home anything you catch! You are good with visitors, receiving pats and purring! You play with an empty box or chase the laser light! You sleep next to daddy and snuggle with grandma or in your window hammock. BEst of all, you are a greatly loved kitty!

Happy, happy Cat of the Day to lovely Roxy!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Dear Roxy, what a beautiful tabby girl you are. Your stripey coat looks so soft, and you have the most adorable face.
    I love how you chose your daddy that day at the adoption center. You reached out for him, grabbing and licking his fingers!
    You are an indoor/outdoor kitty, and you often surprise your family with critters you have caught, and naturally, you are very proud of your catch. You also insist on sleeping right beside your dad's had in your own little cat bed.
    You love to eat, play and sleep. You live in kitty paradise!
    Roxy, I wish you, your dad and your grandma a great day full of celebration, and many more happy and healthy years together.
    Willa (5/1/1997-3/17/2018)

Blog Entries
    Roxy is very pretty! She also has very good taste, she picked wonderful peeps to take the best care of her! So delighted that Roxy is our most outstanding COTD😻

Dearest Roxy, you are beautiful! What a gorgeous kitty lady you are! Your fur is so pretty in that tabby design and looks so soft, and what a sweet face you have with those long white whiskers and those lovely big eyes. I wish I could reach through the screen and down to Opelika, AL to pet you! I can't, of course, but I know your loving and beloved Pete and Grandma will pet you for me .

And what a delightful Purrrsonality you have! You first met your dear Dad-to-be Pete at the local cat adoption center when you were six months old. You knew right away that he was the right one for you. You reached out and grabbed his finger and licked it and purrred loudly. He of course took you right home, and you've been together some 14 years now! You make him and your dear Grandma smile with all your antics and energy. You are an indoor-outdoor cat and often bring home little surprises (mostly still alive) to them. You have a best kitty friend outside with whom you share your food. You love to be combed and petted, and you sleep next to Pete in your own little cat bed by his head. You wake him at 6am each day to let you out. You love to cuddle up with your Grandma. You sleep in your window hammock on cold or rainy days when you can't go out. You follow your dear Pete wherever he goes, even just to take out the trash. He and Grandma treat you like a PRINCESS! You all love each other very much, don't you. What a wonderful love-filled home you share!

Congratulations, darling Roxy, on being chosen today's Cat of the Day! We hope you and your dear Pete and Grandma and kitty pal and all your family and friends are enjoying a fine celebration, full of fun and lovies and all your favorite games and treats.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Congratulations on being Cat of the Day, beautiful Roxy!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Roxy

Sweet Roxy,
    Your and your daddy were destined to be together! You chose him by grabbing onto his finger and licking it! How cute! ❤️
    You’re such a sweet girl, Roxy. You have your little bed next to your dads head where you sleep at night.
    You have a habit of bringing back the animals you hunt (sometimes you don’t kill them and they are still alive!) but that is just the way you show your love 💕.
    You love to be pet and held. You purr so loudly when people do these things to you.
    It’s is obvious that you and your dad and grandma have a very special relationship. You are purrfect for them and I hope you have many more happy years together! ❤️