Thread: Delightful Yancey!

Delightful Yancey!

Dearest Yancey, what a beautiful fellow you are! You are so handsome with that fluffy grey and white longhair fur that looks so very soft, and that sweet face with those lovely big golden eyes. I wouldn't be surprised if you have some Maine Coon heritage there! I wish I could reach through the screen and over to Gilroy, CA to pet you! I can't, of course, but I know your loving and beloved young friend will pet you for me .

And what a delightful story you have to tell! You joined your dear human family when you were born, 17 years ago. Your special friend was little then, so you and she have grown up together! You love to roam about the yard and catch lizards, mice, and even flies. And you're such a sweetie; you don't hurt them, you hold their tails and watch them try to escape, and finally you let them go. You like to sleep and eat and sleep some more. You enjoy playing with hair ties and catnip. (Please be careful with the hair ties! If you swallow one, that can become a serious medical emergency!) You're also very affectionate and love being petted. You never scratch or hurt anyone. You and your dear special friend love each other very much, don't you. What a wonderful love-filled home you share!

Congratulations, darling Yancey, on being chosen today's Cat of the Day! We hope you and your dear special friend and all your family and friends are enjoying a fine celebration, full of fun and lovies and all your favorite games and treats.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Dear Yancey, what a handsome longhair boy you are. Your grey and white fur looks so soft, and your face with those golden eyes is so sweet.
    It's hard to believe from those gorgeous pictures that you are 17 years old.
    You have been with your beloved family since you were born. You are still an avid hunter, and you love to play with your person's hairties. You two have a special connection since you grew up together.
    Yancey, you are beautiful inside and out, and I wish you and your family a great day full of celebration, and many more happy and healthy years together.
    Willa (5/1/1997-3/17/2018)

Hello, Yancey in California! Happy Cat of the Day!

You are so handsome! I like your sweet face and your fluffy grey and white fur! I hope your person will give you loads of extra pats for me today, because your fur looks so soft!

You have been with your person since you were born, and you have a close connection since you have grown up together. You are a busy hunter, but you don't hurt the "critters" you catch. You play with your person's hair ties. You are very affectionate and happy to receive petting! You are also good at taking naps Best of all, you are a loved kitty!

Happy, happy Cat of the Day to dear Yancey!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

What a handsome Gray and White kitty you are, Yancey.
    Congratulations on being Cat of the Day!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Blog Entries
    Not quite sure how to address fancy Yancey. Could there be a lovelier pussycat with a prettier coat or fancier eyeliner? Probably not. I think Yancey is the most beautiful and special COTD ever. He is just so very wonderful 😻😺