Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: New kitty.. Galaxy! PICTURES now!!!!! (posts 30 and 31)

Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    Galaxy is coming out into the living room! This afternoon I was sitting working on the computer, and I felt this tugging at my upper left leg. There she was on the floor next to me, reaching up and wanting some attention!

I'm giving Sparkler lots of lovies so she doesn't start to feel she's being usurped. She gave Galaxy the beady eye when she saw her across the room while we were watching the evening news on TV.

Happy New Year, all!!!!!

from Sparkler and Galaxy and Pat
    Good girl, Galaxy! And Sparkler, I am sure meowmie has plenty of lovies for both of you. Just in case she gets close to running out I am sending you loads more! xoxoxo
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    Good girl, Galaxy! And Sparkler, I am sure meowmie has plenty of lovies for both of you. Just in case she gets close to running out I am sending you loads more! xoxoxo
    Thank you, Elyse. Sparkler, and Galaxy and I, appreciate the loads more lovies!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Galaxy is settling in somewhat, though she hasn't really relaxed. I leave the bathroom door open, and she comes and goes as she wishes. She still has her carrier in there to retreat to when she wants.

She lets me pet her quite often. She was lying on the floor behind me for a while as I've been typing this. A few minutes ago I got up and turned around and pet her for a bit. She let me do that. And then I turned around in the chair and reached toward her, but she headed for the bathroom. So I went in there and pet her for a bit more.

It's sort of like baby steps, or one step forward, one back~

She and Sparkler keep an eye on each other, but there are no open hostilities. They seem to co-exist quite well.

So that's the latest...

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.

Galaxy Update

Galaxy goes wherever she wants now. Right now she is relaxing in a cat bed in the living room. I don't know if she's explored the bedroom yet (I haven't seen her in there, anyway). That's "Sparkler's room," maybe!

She and Sparkler are coexisting nicely.. not buddying up but no hostility that I can tell. I still do my best to walk softly around her and approach her slowly. She often lets me pet her around her head and down her side and back. So this is a work in progress, going well!

Death thought about it.

Blog Entries
    Hurray! I believe things are going swimmingly! Compared to my two they may as well be BFF's! Well done, carry on 😺

Pat, you are doing a fantastic job with your kitties.
    Willa (5/1/1997-3/17/2018)

Love to Sparkler and Galaxy from me ❤️

Thank you, Connie and Heidi and Elyse, from Galaxy and me (and Sparkler too, of course)!

Last edited by phesina; 01-08-2019 at 03:50 PM.
    Death thought about it.

Sounds like you three ladies are going to make a great family. So happy to read that Galaxy is feeling more comfortable and that there are no harsh words between her and Sparkler.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Thank you, Gayle, from us three ladies!

Death thought about it.

It sounds like she has settled in just fine. Elmer sends his best wishes and head bumps

Thanks to you and Elmer, Cheryl! Galaxy sends her best wishes and head bumps back to him.

Death thought about it.