Thread: Did you know... January 6 2019

Did you know... January 6 2019

...Did you know...

... that today is Silent Cowboy Day? In 1880, Tom Mix was born in Driftwood, Pennsylvania. America's greatest silent movie cowboy star, Mix was in the top 10 of highest paid film stars, with Mix and his horse, Tony, earning $4,000 a week. Sixteen years after his first walk-on, Tom Mix became the highest paid movie star to that time when Fox resigned him at $20,000 a week. Trivia buffs: Mix was a pallbearer in Wyatt Earp's funeral.

NB: I get these regularly in my email from Audri and Jim Lanford. They also run Scambusters, which is a very useful site. You can also sign up for a free e-newsletter that contains the latest scams.

http://www.scambusters.org
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

2. Wow learn something new everyday
    i also Googled his name as this occurred before my day an i never even heard of him before LOL

I knew his name, but not that history. Thanks for sharing!

i also Googled his name as this occurred before my day
    Um, I think that was before everyone here's day!
    I've Been Frosted

Blog Entries
    Interesting tidbit, thanks! I think my mother in law was born around that time.😺

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    I knew his name, but not that history. Thanks for sharing!

Um, I think that was before everyone here's day!
    Same here: I knew the name but not the history. Thanks for sharing from me, too!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Tom Mix was my Dad's favorite hero, as a boy. When I hosted the surprise birthday party for my Dad, I had pics of Tom Mix and Tony printed up and put those up on the walls, as part of the decorations. Dad had a Tom Mix ring as a boy . . . made from the nail of a horse's shoe. lol.

AND Tom Mix was mentioned in an episode of M.A.S.H. The episode where Father Mulcahy goes to the Front with Radar to transport a patient back for surgery; and on the drive back, he has to save the life of the patient . Mulcahy had to do a tracheotomy, and used his "Tom Mix knife" for the cutting. Season 5, Episode 8, Mulcahy's War. Just saw it again, 2 nights ago.

I recognized the name but I didn’t know the story. Thank you!