Page 56 of 75 FirstFirst ... 6464748495051525354555657585960616263646566 ... LastLast

Thread: Random thoughts

What nice poems, mon, in celebration of Lily and Mia. Thank you!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Quote Originally Posted by mon View Post
    You know you are really pathetic when a girlfriend you haven't seen in ten yrs. invites herself over and she'll be here this Wed. You realize you only have two Christmas cards, and put some of the ones you saved, cuz they are cute out so she'll think you received more cards than you actually did. Then you realize one of the cards is one that she sent you last year. The other one is blank, one that's left over we didn't send and the other one is to my husband from our 2 cats 樂
    You could have had a lot more if you would have signed up for the Pet Talk Christmas card swap!
    Willa (5/1/1997-3/17/2018)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cats4ever View Post
    You could have had a lot more if you would have signed up for the Pet Talk Christmas card swap!
    You are so,right! I wanted to, I wasn't sure about postage. If I bought a book of American stamps is the postage the same for every state? Then Canada post went on strike, they like to go on strike around Christmas, the devils. Hopefully next year I will stop making excuses as I would really enjoy participating, the giving and receiving! I'll bet you all enjoyed it so much!

Blog Entries
    I was just wondering if other folks would like to write some poems about their cats or pets. On the appropriate thread of course. I would love to read them, that's for sure. I would also like to know if any long term cat lovers ( peeps over 50) would ever get a kitten again. Talk about a pain in the arse. Lily is 2 and a bit now, and is a juvenile delinquent. Talk about 'tude. I'd do it all over again in a heartbeat, my husband says. Me too but.......what a tornado, cats a maniac. She's part Bengal, might explain a bit. I think next time we will adopt a cat who's at least one or two.

Absolutely! And we have an old - but fun thread called Cat Haiku, too!
    I've Been Frosted

Here is a happy news story about people and their dogs making visits to senior centers. I believe this makes an impact on people. Kids, senior citizens, people experiencing stressful situations, and more. In a previous job we had a therapy dog and her owner visit every other week, and they would sometimes use an elevator near our office to get to another part of the building. That was such a treat, just to have a few minutes in a busy day to love on a beautiful and very well behaved doggie.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/good-n...Bdy?ocid=ientp
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Blog Entries
    Thank you so much cassiesmom. I learned something and was cheered up some too!

That's wonderful! Thank you so much, Elyse!!!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Blog Entries
    I just had to share this, it's just SO freaking weird to me. So, these people wrote an article or something like that, and referred to this sea otter as chubby. So this adorable sea otter is really fat. No bloody way 'round it. I saw a pic of the cute little darling and I instantly assumed it was pregnant with at least six babies. I'm talking huge belly here peeps. Now, there are letters of apology written for " fat shaming " the bloody sea otter. Like ....really. Do you think the sea otter was offended, do you think it gives one measly s*it. It's been in captivity and is overfed. Simple as that. Cute little bugger doesn't need a written apology, just needs to be fed less or maybe he's just a fat dude. I don't know why this irritates me so much but an apology for calling a otter fat, when he is clearly very fat, is merely an observation and a fact. I have never seen a fat otter before, well now I have. There is just so much time in the day, I realize that. But some things are just so assanine it gets me sad. 🙄

How about calling a gingerbread man a gingerbread person, so nobody would be offended and everybody is included?
    Willa (5/1/1997-3/17/2018)

Blog Entries
    Had the very best day, hope everyone had a good one as well! Both cats seemed a tad choked we went out for the day but we don't care. They are 2 spoiled rotten pussycats, they were left alone for 10 measly hrs. Happy Christmas to everyone!! 😸❤️❤️😻

I heard on news radio that the AKC is recognizing a new breed, a dog from Africa- Azawo? (sp- I probably got it wrong) The reporter described the dog as having a short coat and long legs. They served as guardians to nomadic people of that part of Africa. They are good at running and also very smart. I thought they sound a little like greyhounds from what the reporter said. Only six weeks or so till the Westminster dog show!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Blog Entries
    You are quite right cassiesmom, pretty exciting eh! This is the 193rd breed accepted, it is a very beautiful, slender hound with a short coat, very strong. It will not be allowed to compete until 2020, however. I believe it is spelled Azawakh, such a beautiful dog!

Blog Entries
    Oh ya, they do look a lot like greyhounds only bigger, more muscular.

Blog Entries
    Hey Peeps, what's up? Just thinkin' someone's gotta perk things up a bit around here. Guess I better go first eh. Well then...I'm pretty sure that I'll get in poo poo ca- ca for anything I say that may be inappropriate but I don't care. At least it won't be so bloody boring. Is everyone out there half assed dead. Weather... really. Did we not all experience weather, discuss, hear about weather enough? REALLY People?? So... we either talk about pets or weather. Today here in Surrey British Columbia, it was rather mild. There were a few clouds. We all thought that perhaps we might see a rainbow, I am quite certain that some people did, however, we did not. Pretty sure you get it. NOW, music, recipes, positive interactions, questions we might ask one another. But.... let me see now... pets .....weather that's it. Oh ya, start a thread.