Thread: Dearest Miss Kitty!

Dearest Miss Kitty!

I would like to honor Miss Kitty. I have known her since she was born. Her mom gave birth to her at a tiny garden center where I worked at the time. She was an only kitten, and when she was 6 months old, she came home with me where she settled in right away.

Miss Kitty has always been a calm and laid back girl. She has the respect of the other kitties, except Olive. When Olive's buddy Tobey passed away, Olive chose Miss Kitty as her best friend, and Miss Kitty quietly accepted.

As the years went by, Miss Kitty started slowing down considerably. She is still the same sweet baby, but her arthritis and her kidneys are catching up with her. Nonetheless, she is still in good spirits, and she loves to eat (even though the kidney diet is not her favorite), and she is still chasing the red dot, with the help of some pain medication.

Unlike the other "rowdy" cats in our house, she is well behaved and has never destroyed anything. I couldn't ask for a more loving kitty, and as I'm typing she is resting in my lap. I hope she will be with us for quite some time.
    It's PT's own Miss Kitty! Good morning, beautiful lady and Happy Cat of the Day! I knew that was you as soon as I saw your picture!

I didn't know that you were an only kitten! How wonderful that you were able to come home with meowmie, and that you settled in so well

Dear Olive has chosen you as her best friend and you have accepted her choice You have a good appetite, though you'd prefer something other than the special kidney diet. You go after the laser dot! I smiled when I read that you are resting in meowmie's lap while your bio is being prepared - perfect choice! I hope you will be with meowmie, Olive and the other kitties for quite some time too !

Happy, happy Cat of the Day to dear Miss Kitty! I hope you are having a very special day - eating yummy food (even though it is your kidney food), snuggling with meowmie, and doing all the things you enjoy! Tons of love, hugs, snuggles, kisses and cuddles to Miss Kitty, and to Olive, Mindy, Monroe and Clover too! xoxoxoxo

Edited to add this photo, which makes my eyes leak...
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Blog Entries
    It is a very special treat and so appropriate that your divine Miss Kitty is our COTD today! What a beauty, I hope she is with you for a very long time to come. Fabulous photos!

Precious Miss Kitty!

Greetings, Miss Kitty! Happy Cat of the Day, sweetheart, and belated happy 17th birthday wishes to you as well!

Nothing warms my heart more, gives me more pleasure, than having the honor of paying tribute to one beautiful senior kittyzen, and how deserving of your Cat of the Day honors you are, Miss Kitty! I got all teary, reading your mommy's love filled tribute; learning of the joy you have brought to her life; seeing your heart-melting photo tribute, each and every pic causing my eyes to leak water!

Endless thanks to your mommy for adopting you, giving one very special girl a chance at a happy life, and what a wonderful life it has been! If only ever kitty, every animal companion, could be as loved as you! Your mommy is one lucky lady, having known your love and devotion these many years, 17 and counting! And though you may be slowing down just a tad, understandably, I have no doubt you've still got a bunch more living and loving to do!

Great thanks to your mommy for sharing you with us today! Meeting you has made my evening! Hope you're enjoying a very special Cat of the Day celebration...chasing that elusive laser light, warming your mommy's lap, receiving tons of cuddles; being loved and pampered to pieces; treated to all your heart desires and more! Lots of love, snuggles and kisses to you, precious Miss Kitty, our very special and most deserving Cat of the Day, EVERY day! Love to dear Olive and all of your kitty siblings, too! And here's to many more happy years for you and your devoted mommy!

Brings happy tears to my eyes!!!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Dearest Miss Kitty, how nice to see one of our own beloved PT family members starring as today's COTD! You are absolutely gorgeous with that dilute calico fur and that sweet face with those lovely big green eyes. Thank you for sharing all those great photos with us! You are adorable in every one of them, wearing your 17th birthday hat, resting with your pretty pink paw-pads showing, cuddling up with your dear sister and best friend Olive, and happily relaxing at home. I wish I could reach through the screen and down to North Carolina to pet you, and pet all your kitty housemates, too! I can't, of course, but I know your loving and beloved Meowmie and Dad will pet you all for me .

And what a lovely story you have to tell! You and dear Meowmie have been together ever since you were born. You were an only kitten and came HOME with her, and you've been there ever since, all these 17 years! You're a calm and laid-back girl, with the respect of your kitty housemates. Olive chose you as her best friend after her dear buddy Tobey passed away, and you accepted quietly. You are slowing down some these days, but you are still in good spirits. You love to eat, and you still chase the red laser dot. How nice to imagine you resting in Meowmie's lap as she was writing her tribute to you! You and she and all your family members, feline and human, love each other very much, don't you. We join in hoping that you will all be together for many more years. What a wonderful love-filled home you share!

Congratulations, darling Miss Kitty, on being chosen today's Cat of the Day! We hope you and all your family and friends are enjoying a fine celebration, full of fun and lovies and all your favorite games and treats.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

It's always nice to have PT cats as COTD.

Congratulations on being Cat of the Day, Dearest Miss Kitty!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Miss Kitty

Dear Miss Kitty,
    Hello! I hope you are having a great day so far as our lovely Cat of the day!
    I hope you are having a nice time relaxing (and maybe chasing lazer dots! With your best friend Olive. 😻😸
    You and your human no doubt share a very special bond, because you have known one another for your entire life so far.
    Your person wrote about how loving and laid back you have always been, how you aren’t like the others in the way that you would prefer to relax rather than destroy objects ☺️
    All of your photos are spectacular and show off your beautiful face and coat and stunning eyes! Especially the one of you wearing your 17th birthday hat!!
    Miss Kitty, you are a very sweet and loving girl and I hope you get to spend many more years with your family! They will love you forever!

So many congrats to you and your humans, because you are chosen to be our COTD!!
    You have such beautiful eyes, I cannot stop looking at you!!
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Concatulations dearest Miss Kitty on being chosen COTD. I did not realise that you are our PTer fur baby.

Thank you all so much for your kind words!
    Miss Kitty was COTD almost 15 years ago, when she was a spring chicken. I thought it would be nice to put her in the spotlight one more time, in her golden years.
    She is sending headbumpies and purrs!
    Willa (5/1/1997-3/17/2018)

Blog Entries
    Miss Kitty should always be in the spotlight and is COTD infinity😻

Quote Originally Posted by cats4ever View Post
    Thank you all so much for your kind words!
    Miss Kitty was COTD almost 15 years ago, when she was a spring chicken. I thought it would be nice to put her in the spotlight one more time, in her golden years.
    She is sending headbumpies and purrs!
    Heidi, do you have a link to Miss Kitty's earlier COTD page? Sparkler and I would love to see it and see her how she was back then!!!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.

Unfortunately not. Since the Pettalk crash, the "Search" option and "Previous Cats" is not working. I will ask Karen if she can help. I would like to see it myself.

I found the picture that I used. It was in 2004.
    Miss Kitty was a little chubbier then.

Name:  Ms kitty3.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  60.9 KB

AWWWWWwwwwwww!!!!!!! You are such a gorgeous girl, Miss Kitty, back then and now!

Death thought about it.

Miss Kitty should always be in the spotlight and is COTD infinity😻