Thread: My kittens are getting old

My kittens are getting old

I took Cali and Diego to the vet today for checkups. They are 11 years old now. Both are suffering from arthritis in their spine and knees. Both have excellent teeth. Both have boring, normal bloodwork. Both need to loose weight, so more wet food, less dry food. Apparently there are more carbs in the dry. Cali is going to try Cartrophen injections as it shouldn't make her skin itchy, I will be doing these for her. Diego is going to try a glucosamine chew, if he will take it.

Diego had to be sedated to be examined. My sweet boy turns into a wild cat at the vets. He's currently sleeping it off beside me.

Cali has a lump on her head, turns out it's a cyst. At a future appointment we will get it popped. Today was stressful enough for all of us.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Dear Cali and Diego and Gayle,

That's great that the kits had their exams and things are going well. And you're all back home again, so you can relax now!!!

Well done, all three of you! May you enjoy a peaceful and pleasant evening.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

I'm glad that your kitties are doing well. Boring bloodwork is always great!
    Cali and Diego will always be your kittens, no matter their age.
    I hope that everybody recovered well.
    Willa (5/1/1997-3/17/2018)

Glad their checkups were good.

My vet recommended a multi function dry food that is both urinary and satiety. It's made by Royal Canin. It's great for both my boy kitties and especially for Cole, who is on a diet.

I used Cartrophen some time ago for Oscar. It's not as fast as an insulin dose and the needle made him jump every time so he didn't get the full dose. Hopefully Cali will be better. Does she have an allergy of some kind to most painkillers?

Also, I swear by several squirts of wild salmon oil on their good at each meal. Petsmart carries it - in the Dog section. Go figure!

Hugs and no-more-owie wishes going out to your sweet babies!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda