Thread: Terrific Tubby

Terrific Tubby

Dear Tubby, what a gorgeous boy you are. You look like you are draped in velvet, with your shiny and soft looking coat, and your face is so regal and sweet at the same time.
    You are definitely not the runt anymore, but a proud 15-pound kitty, and you knew exactly how to "fool" your parents into adopting you by appearing quiet and mellow.
    Ever since you have been ruling the house. You are a mischievous kitty, you knock things off the counter and you chew on your mom's leather shoes. You also like to hide in bags, and cram yourself into shoe boxes.
    At the same time, you have a softer side. You love getting belly scratches, shoulder rubs, and you let your parents hold you like a baby, even if it's only for a short time.
    Tubby, aka Tubbelard J, you are a precious boy, and I wish you, your kitty sister and your parents a great day full of celebration, and many more happy and healthy years together.
    Willa (5/1/1997-3/17/2018)

Dearest Tubby, a.k.a. Tubbelard J., what a gorgeous guy you are! You are absolutely stunning with that plush soft-looking ebony fur and that sweet face with those lovely big golden eyes. Thank you for sharing those great photos with us. That larger-than-life closeup shot is breathtaking. It makes me feel like you're looking right into my soul! I wish I could reach through the screen and over to Falls Church, VA to pet you, and pet your dear step-sister Jasmine too! I can't, of course, but I know your loving and beloved Purrrents will pet you both for me .

And what a delightful Purrrsonality you have! You were a birthday present for your dear Dad ten years ago. He was told then that you were the runt, a mellow and quiet guy, but you turned out to be full of energy! You love getting into mischief, knocking things off the kitchen counter late at night and getting into Mom's closet to chew on her shoes when she's getting ready for work. You like to play hide and seek and cram yourself into gym bags, luggage, and even shoe-boxes. You don't always get along with Jasmine, but we hope you'll become best friends before too long. You also have your soft side. You love snuggling down on a lap or getting a belly scratch or a neck and shoulder rub. You even let Mom or Dad hold you like a baby, but only for a little while! You and they and Jasmine all love each other dearly, don't you. What a wonderful love-filled home you share!

Congratulations, darling Tubby, on being chosen today's Cat of the Day! We hope that you and dear Jasmine and Mom and Dad and all your family and friends are enjoying a fine celebration, full of fun and lovies and all your favorite games and treats.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Congratulations handsome Tubby on being today's Cat of the Day!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

I'd like to introduce my cat, Tubby. I'll let Tubby tell his story:

I was given to my dad as a birthday present ten years ago. I've been told that I was picked out of the litter because I was the runt, and because I was a mellow and quiet guy. I guess I fooled them!

I love getting into mischief. I've been known to tip over full water glasses and knock items off of the kitchen counter late at night while my parents are sleeping, so they have to "Tubby Proof" the house before they go to bed. I also love to get into the closet while my mom is getting ready for work in the morning so I can chew on her leather shoes. What can I say, I have a foot fetish!

My dad jokes that I'm a garbage can cat because I love to play with shopping bags, old shoe laces, drinking straws, bottle caps, and especially scrap pieces of wrapping paper, or as I like to call them - safety mats. I also love to play hide-and-seek, and I'll often hide in my dad's gym bag or luggage or I'll cram myself into a shoe box - not an easy task for a 15-pound cat!

My step-sister, Jasmine and I don't get along very well, so I like to torment her by swatting at her under the door or stealing her treats before she has a chance to eat them.

Despite being a punk, (that's what my dad calls me sometimes), I do have a soft side. I love to snuggle by flopping down on a lap or getting a belly scratch or a neck and shoulder rub, since I can't reach back there by myself. I'll even humor my parents by letting them hold me like a baby - but just for a little while. Overall, I'm one lucky guy and my parents couldn't imagine life without their little Tubbelard .
    Hello, handsome Tubby in Virginia! Happy Cat of the Day!

What a gorgeous kitty you are! I like your fur, which looks so shiny and velvety and soft to pet! And your sweet face, with your golden eyes! Beautiful!

You are a very busy fellow! You get into the closet as your mom gets ready for work so you can chew on her shoes! Your parents have to be careful at night because you like to tip over water glasses or knock things down off the counter! You are good at playing with scraps of paper, shopping bags, and things like shoe laces or straws. You play hide and seek and you have a few hiding places!

You are secretly a softie! You snuggle by placing yourself on a lap, requesting a neck or shoulder rub! You tolerate being held, but just for a short time. You are lucky, fortunate and a greatly loved kitty!

Happy, happy Cat of the Day to Tubby!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678