Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New kitty.. Galaxy! PICTURES now!!!!! (posts 30 and 31)

Thanks, Heidi! That's a good idea, having them each sniff something with the other's scent on it. And Feliway might be helpful, too.

Galaxy did indeed deposit some solid matter in the litterbox.. a small glob of diarrhea and then a couple of solid poops.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Thanks, Heidi. I don't know why I'm so worried about this this time. I can't even begin to count the number of times I've introduced a new cat to the household, and it's always worked out just fine!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.

It'll work out fine this time as well! You are doing everything right.
    To me, it was always stressful.
    In Willa's case it didn't work out. Miss Kitty hated her all those years, and they had to be separate for all of their lives.
    I think, though, that this was an exception.
    Willa (5/1/1997-3/17/2018)

Quote Originally Posted by cats4ever View Post
    It'll work out fine this time as well! You are doing everything right.
    To me, it was always stressful.
    In Willa's case it didn't work out. Miss Kitty hated her all those years, and they had to be separate for all of their lives.
    I think, though, that this was an exception.
    I agree! It will work out fine! Love to Sparkler and Galaxy!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Thank you, Heidi and Elyse.

Neither Sparkler nor Galaxy is an aggressive-type cat.

Galaxy is in the bathroom (door is open). She is facing forward in her carrier right now. She's eaten most of her dinner so far.

Sparkler hasn't eaten any of her dinner, so far. Usually she eats this (Pro Plan Turkey & Giblets Entree) just fine. She did come from the bedroom to the living room (past the bathroom door). Now she's gone back to the bedroom (past the open bathroom door). The bedroom is where she has HER caves to relax in!

She was just sniffing a piece of towel that had been lying next to Galaxy. Yesterday I gave Galaxy a towel to sniff that Sparkler lies on a lot. So they've been introduced to each other's odor.

Death thought about it.

Letting them sniff each others towel is a good way of introducing them. Sparkler may be a little miffed that you have taken in another cat, but I'm sure they will be friends soon - seems that Sparkler has already worked up courage to go past the bathroom door. And Galaxy must be curious to find out who Sparkler is.
    Last edited by Randi; 12-20-2018 at 07:23 AM.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Galaxy is spending a lot of time outside the carrier. I've been leaving the bathroom door open when I'm home. Last evening she went back into the carrier when I sat down to use the people-litterbox. I reached in the top and started skritching and petting her around her head... and she PURRED!!!

I'm going to introduce her to one of the rooms, probably the bedroom, after I show her where the litterbox in there is.

Last edited by phesina; 12-20-2018 at 03:55 PM.
    Death thought about it.

I am so glad Galaxy has purred for you! Welcome Home, sweet lady! And Sparkler, meowmie has more than enough love for you and another kitty. I'm sure you will get acquainted in time.

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

You are making great progress. Your patience will pay off.
    Headbumpies to Sparkler and Galaxy.

Brave Galaxy came out of her carrier today... and she even walked out of the bathroom to the hall outside where I'd set her dinner, and she ate it there!

I'll get some pictures up shortly.

Death thought about it.

Good girl, Galaxy! You are very brave!

How are the ladies doing today, Pat?

Thinking of you,
    Elyse

I left the bathroom door open overnight, and when I got up I saw a dark shadow move from the living room into the bathroom and then mysteriously into the carrier, her "cave"! When I go into the bathroom, I talk to her and pet her.

She came out of the carrier and right into the hallway to eat her dinner last evening! Seems that ...something (helps if it smells good) gets her to overcome her shyness!

Sparkler is being pretty much her usual self, but I think she still doesn't know what to make of this new ..presence in the apartment. I've spent quite a bit of time in the evenings giving her some lovin's, with her in the cat bed beside me and me with my hand on her petting all around.

Death thought about it.

It sounds like everything is progressing nicely. Food can be a great motivator. It is for me!

Here's a picture! -

Name:  Galaxy1.2.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  85.8 KB
    Death thought about it.