Thread: Are you OK, Heidi?

Are you OK, Heidi?

Heidi, I believe you live in either North or South Carolina, so I hope you'll be safe and dry now that the storm is coming. I feel so bad for all the animals who won't know what hit them, so i understand why some people won't leave their cats and dogs behind - I would not have left Fister, either.

My thoughts are with everyone who will be affected by the storm - hope it won't be too bad. Stay safe!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Praying for Heidi, for Mr. Spunky's Mom and everyone who is within the reach of this massive storm.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Thank you everybody for being so thoughtful!
    I live in North Carolina, and we are ok so far. The wind has picked up quite a bit this afternoon.
    All we can do is wait, and hope for the best.
    I would never leave my cats behind, I would rather perish with them.
    I just took "before" pictures around the house. I hope the "after" pictures will look the same.
    Willa (5/1/1997-3/17/2018)

We are sending love and good wishes and prayers for Heidi and Mr. Spunky's Mom and everyone who is in the path of this hurricane...

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} and ~~~~PURRRS~~~~ and from Pat and Sparkler
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

We are sending good wishes to you and the the fur babies.
    Prathima, Kaveri and Shiela

Fingers crossed for everyone affected by Florence. I truly hope everyone is safe and sound afterwards.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

The wind is considerably stronger now, and the heavy rain bands are approaching our area.
    Rain in the double digit amounts is forecasted. It will start late tonight.
    We had a short power outage at work today, less than a minute. It might not even have been storm-related, but everybody got a little nervous.
    Thanks everybody for their well wishes. We will get through this.

Blog Entries
    Best wishes you and yours stay safe and sound!

Thank you, mon!

More {{{{{HUGS}}}}} and ~~~~PURRRS~~~~ and from Pat and Sparkler!!!
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

We are doing ok so far. The real test will be starting tonight into Monday, with double-digit amounts of rain predicted.
    My boyfriend told me to stop watching the storm coverage on TV, because I started crying when I saw all the horrible things that have happened so far.

This picture was on the front of our newspaper, the Winston-Salem Journal, today, heartbreak and relieve, at the same time, that they were rescued:

Name:  kitten3.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  41.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by cats4ever View Post
    Name:  kitten3.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  41.3 KB

Aw.... what a sweet picture...! I hope that this man and his kitten are ok now!?

Every news update, I look for news of Florence hurricane. I'be seen tons of pictures from flooded places, and I'm so scared sering all that misery. It's such a catastrophy to see your property flooded... . My parents went through a similar situation. They had a butcher's shop in the centre of Ostend (famous port in Belgium). It was February 1953, and the sea-water reached 4m high in the house. They could flee to the first floor and had to stay there during 4 days! As they had 2 kids then, my sister was 4 and my brother was 7 months old, the red cross came with milk, and this was brought by a smalnavigated al boat inside the house to where the staircase was! The butcher's shop was completely ruined....
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

We came out ok, but there are thousands of people who didn't. It is very heart-breaking to see all the devastation.

Thanks for sharing that picture, wonderful that the kitten was saved - and the people, of course!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.