Thread: Very Special Safari!

Very Special Safari!

Safari is very special because she was adopted and is such sad shape when I got her, but grew up gorgeous! I adopted her from an animal shelter because she was going to die without proper veterinary treatment. Safari was only a few weeks old and had already been neglected. The shelter didn't have enough room for her and was planning on putting her down. Being a teenage girl I couldn't let a sweet little kitten die. When we got her she hadn't been fed properly so we had to buy special food. That didn't last for long, she grew up and has already grown to such a lovely cat.

I am very happy with my decision to take her home that day! She is loving and a very happy, fat cat. I love my cat Safari. It was worth all the effort at the beginning yp have this beautiful girl beside me. I hope you love my precious kitten - she will always be my kitten - as much as I do.

Hello, Safari in Kansas! Happy Cat of the Day!

What a gorgeous lady you are! Your black fur looks so shiny and smooth; I would like to pet you, because it looks so soft! I like your sweet face!

You were adopted from a shelter as a kitten, having already been neglected. The shelter was over-full at that time. You came home with your people, and received loads of love and care! You grew up to be a lovely, healthy kitty! Best of all, you are much-loved !

Happy, happy Cat of the Day to beautiful, precious Safari!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Blog Entries
    You are the best for bringing that little black kitten home to care for! What a divine big cat she turned into. Safari sure was given a pretty name, she is the best COTD!

Dear Safari, what a beautiful shorthair girl you are. You are so shiny and soft looking, and your face is so sweet.
    You had such a rough start in life, and just in time, your special human and now forever mom rescued you from an unspeakable fate.
    You needed special food and lots of love, and here you are, a magnificent kitty lady.
    You are all grown up, but you will always be your mom's kitten.
    Safari, you are a most special kitty, and I wish you and your family a great day full of celebration, and many more happy and healthy years together.
    Willa (5/1/1997-3/17/2018)

Oh So Special Safari!

Hi Safari! (What a great name!!!) Happy Cat of the Day!

What a gorgeous, sleek and shiny ebony girl you are, Safari, and every bit as beautiful in heart as in looks! And what a heartwarming rags to riches story is yours, Safari! No doubt rescuing you, welcoming you into her home and heart, was one of the best decisions, if not the best decision your human has ever made!

My heart breaks, imagining you failing in that shelter, so very ill, so desperate for a hero rescuer! Blessedly your human answered the call, and the rest is happy history! Endless thanks to your lady for saving you, nursing you back to health, providing you with the happy, carefree, love filled life you always deserved! Your transformation from the sickly kitten your human met at the shelter that fateful, into the gorgeous, healthy girl we meet here today is nothing short of miraculous! And how well your human's compassion and devotion has been rewarded, having known your love and devotion these many years, having a best friend, a furry soul mate in you! You truly are a treasure, Safari, just as special as can be, the poster girl for kitty adoption! And yes! I DO love you too!

Great thanks to your lady for sharing your heartwarming, life affirming homecoming story with us, your gorgeous photos! Meeting you has been a real treat! I hope you're enjoying a very special Cat of the Day celebration, being loved and pampered to pieces, treated to all your heart desires and more! Lots of love, cuddles and kisses to you, precious Safari, our very special and most deserving Cat of the Day, EVERY day!

Those stunning eyes! That coat!!!

My mom loves me, and I love her!!!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Dearest Safari, what a stunning ebony beauty of a kitty you are! You are absolutely gorgeous with that sleek, shiny fur that looks so soft and that sweet face with the huge golden eyes so full of the look of love. Thank you for sharing those terrific photos with us! You are absolutely precious, looking right up into my eyes in the first one, and then cuddling with Meowmie in the second. I wish I could reach through the screen and over to Chetopa, KS to pet you! I can't, of course, but I know your loving and beloved Meowmie will pet you for me .

And what a delightful, uplifting story you have to tell! You were a kitten only a few weeks old, in poor health in a shelter. They didn't have enough room for you and were going to put you down. In the nick of time, your Meowmie-to-be met you there and couldn't leave you behind. We are so thankful that you two met that day and so very grateful to her for rescuing you! She took you home, got you the medical care and the special food you needed, and nursed you back to good health. Before long you were the happy healthy kitty you were always meant to be! You two have now been together some ten years and will always be together. You are her precious kitten, and you and she love each other very much, don't you. What a wonderful love-filled home you share!

Congratulations, darling Safari, on being chosen today's Cat of the Day! We hope you and your dear Meowmie and all your family and friends are enjoying a fine celebration, full of fun and lovies and all your favorite games and treats.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Congratulations on being Cat of the Day, beautiful Safari!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana