Thread: Soxy Sox!

Soxy Sox!

I'm sad to say that I said goodbye to Sox (at the age of 15) in 2015 after 8 years of peace and happiness and purring. He found a quieter home with me and he paid me back with constant sweet meows and affection. He was a tremendous purring lap-cat and would become a bed cat only during my during my rare afternoon naps. I think he wanted to stay close in case I wasn't feeling well, as I was doing something unusual by sleeping at that time. I may never find another cat who bonded with me so strongly (and who appreciated a quiet home with no stresses) but I'm happy to say that my new tuxedo kitty Eddie is becoming a nightly bed-cat, purring on my torso into the bargain!

So sorry...

To Soxy Sox' daddy...

I'm so, so very sorry to hear this. How blessed your beautiful Soxy Sox was, after so long, having finally found that peaceful, happy, stress free furever home he so deserved; having known the love of a daddy as special as you. How his bright, beautiful spirit shined under your loving care! I'm happy to hear that you've opened up your heart to another deserving kitty, Eddie! He has some mighty big pawprints to fill, but by all accounts he's more than up to the job, serenading you with his sweet purrs, bringing so much happiness to your days! So, today, I'd like to say congratulations on your much deserved, belated Cat of the Day honors, dear Soxy Sox! You truly were a treasure! And to Inez and Beuky, and newbie Eddie, lots of love to you three too! Wishing for you all, many, many more happy, love filled years together! And Soxy Sox, you have fun up there at the Rainbow Bridge, until that happy when you and your daddy are together again!

Me and my daddy, together forever and always!!!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Thank you for the kind thoughts. The pic of me petting Sox is called "A New Best Friend" and it was taken when I shared an apartment with his former owner, and Sox was immediately drawn to me for some reason. He's leaning into the head-rubs and loving it! He just seemed to blossom into a sweetheart once he found me and my low-drama lifestyle.

Quote Originally Posted by CatdudeGP View Post
    Thank you for the kind thoughts. The pic of me petting Sox is called "A New Best Friend" and it was taken when I shared an apartment with his former owner, and Sox was immediately drawn to me for some reason. He's leaning into the head-rubs and loving it! He just seemed to blossom into a sweetheart once he found me and my low-drama lifestyle.
    That's so sweet! And how perfectly titled that photo is, "A New Best Friend." We can see that it was that day that Sox chose you to be his one and only, his best buddy, the start of 8 wonderful years of shared loved and devoted companionship. Again, I'm so very sorry for your loss. Sox truly was one very special boy! Please give Eddie, Inez and Beuky a hug and kiss for me!

Sandra~

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Blog Entries
    Sad to hear your precious Sox has passed. I am very happy that you made his life so wonderful and now have loving memories forever! His photos are the sweetest! I hope you and Eddie are the closest and together for many more years to come!

Dearest Soxy Sox Angel, what an absolutely beautiful fellow you are! You are so handsome with that so-soft-looking brown tabby fur with the white shirt-front and legs! And you have the sweetest face with the light-brown mustache and the lovely big green eyes. Those photographs are wonderful, and thank you for sharing them with us! They show you in all your beauty, and that second one shows so well your bond with you and dearest Dad. Your home is right down the road from us in Ypsi, and I wish I could reach through the screen and ...all the way to the Rainbow Bridge! to pet you.. and just down Washtenaw Ave. to pet Inez and Beuky and Eddie, too! I can't, of course, but I know your dear Dad is petting your housemates and the other Angels are all petting you for me .

And what a sweet, touching story you have to tell! You started out in some very difficult digs, with noisy, scrapping children in one and noisy shelter dogs in the next. We are so glad you and dearest Dad and your two gentle sisters Inez and Beuky got together afterwards in your Purrrfect, Purrrmanent home! You mellowed out quite nicely there, even greeting and rubbing against strangers. You would watch the other CatsoftheDay online with Dad, purring and extending your head to rub it against his chin. You'd go for evening walks with him in the apartment hallway and be cradled by him like a baby coming back. You also enjoyed relaxing among his shoes, a case of "Sox and Shoes." You kept the household safe by guarding the toilet once in a while. What a wonderful love-filled home you've all shared!

Now you've gone to the Rainbow Bridge and are watching over your dear family of Dad and Inez and Beuky and Eddie, and I know they all miss you very much. Please send some Angelic Purrrs down to their hearts to remind them that you are with them always and will welcome them Home, One Fine Day...

Thank you so very much, CatdudeGP, for giving Sox the wonderful, loving, Purrrfect home he deserved all along! My deepest condolences to you and Inez and Beuky, and Eddie who came later, too. Such a deep bond of love you shared and always will!

Congratulations, darling Soxy Sox Angel, on being chosen today's Cat of the Day! We hope you and dearest Dad and Inez and Beuky and Eddie are all enjoying a fine celebration, full of happy, treasured memories and all your favorite games and treats. We know the Angels are all rejoicing with you!

Last edited by phesina; 05-10-2018 at 07:11 PM.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Congratulations on being honoured as Cat of the Day, Sox!

Sadly, you are on the Rainbow Bridge now and you dad misses you very much - no wonder.

What a gorgeous boy Sox were, beautiful inside and out. The two of you spent eight wonderful years together, you had a really close bond and Sox finally got a stress free home, filled with love and spoiling, just as he deserved. Best buddies you were indeed!

You now have Eddie to help comfort you, and he sounds like a sweetheart, too.

I hope Sox is enjoying a day of celebration on the Rainbow Bridge with the other kitties who went before him - my Fister will definitely be there to show him around.

Sox, send your dad a sign that all is well, I know he will keep you in his heart forever.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

I am so very sorry that Sox has passed away. What a special boy he was, and now a most beautiful kitty angel at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Sox, after many unsettling years, you had found your forever home with your dad. You were so deserving to finally be loved and taken care of the way it was supposed to be.
    CatdudeGP, you brought out the very best in Sox, and I'm sending my condolences. Sox was one of a kind, and he will be in your heart forever. He is watching over you from the Rainbow Bridge.
    Best wishes to you, Eddie, Beuky and Inez.
    Willa (5/1/1997-3/17/2018)

Dear Soxy Sox and your Dad, I agree completely with everything my friends have already said here. What a sweet, special fellow. Best wishes to you, Eddie, Beuky and Inez from me, too ---

Elyse (cassiesmom)
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I am sorry to hear that Sox has passed.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana