Thread: Qita the Singer!

Qita the Singer!

This is my Qita (her full name is officially Blanquita, but I never call her that)! What makes her special is Qita is an indoor/outdoor cat in a city setting. She knows how special it is to sit in the sun on a brick wall near the US Capitol. How important it is to hunt mice, talk to humans in chirps, to announce hunting victories with a song, and to get a good stretch while soaking in all the attention she can get. A very loving creature, Qita works with her human father, a publisher, all day, every day, and knows how to set priorities — especially when it comes to taking a break from work.

Qita's true specialty is singing. Let me explain. About six months after we adopted Qita, as a kitten, she started dragging leaves and branches through the cat door in our home. She would carefully pull them inside, then prominently display them around the house - under the dining table, by the fireplace, in her human parents' bed. After a while each "delivery" would be accompanied by a song, at first a random howl, but increasingly melodic as time went on. After about five years it has become actually musical. What's more is that the deliveries of branches and leaves has morphed into rodents – with the occasional bird thrown in.

When she is not hunting, Qita enjoys impersonating the Great Sphinx in her father's office, no doubt as a warning to wayward varmints. That is, of course, until she is overcome by sleepiness, which comes all too often.
    Hello, beautiful Qita in Washington, D.C.! Happy Cat of the Day!

What a gorgeous girl you are! Your white and black fur looks very soft to pet! I imagine the sunshine feels nice on your fur when you are sunbathing on the brick wall.

You are a lady of many talents, too- bringing leaves or branches (or an occasional rodent or bird!) through the cat door, and announcing with a special song that you have brought gifts for your people! You are careful to place each gift in exactly the right spot! You keep up your side of a conversation with chirps- I'd be very glad to talk with you for as long as you like. Then it is time to take a good stretch, try your Sphinx pose, and perhaps a nap! Absolutely PURR-fect! I can imagine how many smiles and how much joy you bring to your dad as his office assistant!

Happy, happy Cat of the Day to you, sweet Qita!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Dear Qita, what a beautiful black and white girl you are. Your thick coat looks so soft, and your face with those mesmerizing golden eyes and that cute goatee is too adorable.
    You are an incredibly busy girl: You are an accomplished hunter and you work side by side with your dad as a co-publisher.
    Your main talent, however, is singing, to celebrate your hunting successes.
    And then there is the impersonation of the Great Sphinx, which you capture in great detail.
    Qita aka Blanquita, you are unique and perfect, and I wish you and your family a great day full of celebration, and many more happy and healthy years together.
    Willa (5/1/1997-3/17/2018)

Dear Qita, a.k.a. Blanquita, you are gorgeous! What a beautiful kitty lady you are! That white and black fur looks so very soft, and what a sweet face you have, with that black goatee and those lovely big golden eyes. Thank you for sharing all those great photos with us! You are adorable in every one of them, looking so very contented. In that one of you on your back, are you asking for a tummy rub? I wish I could reach through the screen and over to Capitol Hill in Washington, DC to rub it (only if you want it rubbed, of course) and pet you. I can't, of course, but I know your dear Dad will rub your tummy if you so desire and pet you for me .

And what a delightful Purrrsonality you have! You keep an eye on the U.S. Capitol as you sunbathe on the brick wall. You have many talents: hunting mice, talking to humans in chirps, announcing hunting victories with a song, and getting a good stretch while soaking in all the attention you can get. You give your dear Dad a hand, or paw, with his publishing work, impersonating the Great Sphinx in his office to head off varmints. You are very keen on interior decoration, bringing in one-of-a-kind treasures from outside with which to adorn various spots in your home. And you celebrate each new decoration with a song! You and your dear Dad and all your family members love each other very much, don't you. What a wonderful love-filled home you share!

Congratulations, darling Qita, on being chosen today's Cat of the Day! We hope you and Dad and all your family and friends are enjoying a fine celebration, full of fun and lovies and all your favorite games and treats.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Singing Qita!

Hi Qita! Happy Cat of the Day, sweetheart!

What a gorgeous, sweet and yummy Oreo cookie girl you are, Qita, and quite the bon vivant! THIS--->

[QUOTE]What makes her special is Qita is an indoor/outdoor cat in a city setting. She knows how special it is to sit in the sun on a brick wall near the US Capitol. How important it is to hunt mice, talk to humans in chirps, to announce hunting victories with a song, and to get a good stretch while soaking in all the attention she can get./QUOTE]

How cool is that! Bet you're the most welcome sight at the Capitol! But seriously! Your mom's description of your deliveries of wood and branches through the swinging door (not to mention the occasional rodent and or bird
    ), and accented with song, is just too much adorableness to wrap my head around! You truly are one in a million, Qita, just as special as can be, and so very deserving of your big day of honor!

Thanks for ending my day with a BIG smile, sweetheart! Meeting you, poring over your precious pics, has been pure joy! Hope you're enjoying your well earned day of worldwide celebrity, sweetheart...impersonating the Great Sphinx in your daddy's office and dragging all sorts of stuff through the door, hehe, being loved and pampered to pieces by your proud pawrents! Lots of love, cuddles and smooches to you, precious Qita, our very special and most deserving Cat of the Day, EVERY day!

That WOULD be you!!!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

What a beautiful girl you are, Qita; your fur looks so soft.

Enjoy helping your dad in his office

Congratulations on being Cat of the Day!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Blog Entries
    Seems everyone agrees, Qita is magnificent! What a fascinating and lovely cat, and so busy too. What a sweet life Qita lives and I sure fell hard as soon as I saw her. Awsome COTD!

Congratulations on being honoured as Cat of the Day, Quita!

What a lovely girl you are! Your coat is beautiful, it has such special markings and that black goatee makes you look even cuter. Your white tummy looks extremely soft… I bet your family love to give you tummy rubs. And look at those beautiful amber coloured eyes and your sweet face - simply adorable!

Being an inside/outside kitty, you have the best of both worlds. You can explore outside, hunt mice and soak up the sun on the brick wall, and when you are inside, you help your dad with his work on the computer, or walk around singing and drag leaves and branches around. You even throw the occasional rodent or bird in, sometimes.

I hope you are enjoying a day of celebration with your family, have lots of fun and get pampered with yummy treats and cuddles. I wish you a long, happy and healthy life, sweetie!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.