Thread: Other food options?

Other food options?

I look after two Russian Blue cats, Sol and Lulu. They are both very big ( I posted pictures of them before). One of them was quite sick last year and the owner paid over $9.400 at the vet hospital for treatment and expense to stay there. However, they didn't listen the owner, so they made mistakes. She then sued them and got most of the money back.

Now to the question... her vet in Poland has recommended they get a Specific Diet, it's called Specific Kidney Support. They get both wet food, and also - and dry mixed with another dry food. They also get a can of Thrive wet food each, every day. They hate the Specific diet and leave it all in the bowl, one of them even try to bury it as if it were poo in the litterbox. So I suggested she get another brand that has the same effect. I know there are lots of choices.

Can any of you recommend one that most cats like? I know there are lots of choices, and I don't think the price is a problem. Can any of you recommend a diet that most cats like?

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Most cats hate renal diets. With Miss Kitty, I tried Hill's k/d first. She hated it. Now we are on Purina's n/f. She hates that, too.
    Royal Canin has a renal support food we have not tried yet.
    I don't know if it's the reduced protein or the reduced phosphorus that makes it horrible tasting.
    A school of thought is that the none of the diets will work if the cat doesn't eat it, therefore it's better to give them what they like before they starve, which will create a whole other host of problems.
    But then again, studies show that cats with renal disease will live longer on a renal diet.
    I found the following site with a whole list of foods available, and some other good advice.

http://felinecrf.org/which_foods.htm
    Willa (5/1/1997-3/17/2018)