Thread: Carmella Kitty

Carmella Kitty

Carmella came to our door in 2005. She said that if we took her in, she would always be grateful. She has been true to her word ever since. She is the sweetest cat I have ever known and I love her more than any cat I have ever known.

Now it's been a long time and Carmella's a middle-aged cat. She's perfectly healthy but is slower then when she was young, and can't jump as high as when she was young. But she gets around just fine and purrs and snuggles just like always.

And now I get sad because cats don't live as long as people. I keep worrying that something's going to be wrong with her (It's going to happen someday) that can't be fixed. How am I going to take Carmella to the vet to end her life (I've done this before and it hurts forever)? Why do I keep thinking these things? I have this perfectly good cat and I can't be happy with her because I'm thinking of some future sorrow.

Does anyone else have this kind of trouble? It's not a cat problem, it's a me problem.
    Leonard Migliore

It's difficult to look at a senior pet and not to think about the end of life.
    I have a soon-to-be 21 year old cat, and an almost 17 year old one. Both have a few health issues which are controlled with medicines. They still are happy and affectionate.
    Every day, when I look at them I know the difficult moment may not be far, but I enjoy every minute I have with them.
    Everybody has a different threshold about end-of-life issues, but I hope you can look at Carmella and hug her and play with her and enjoy life with her. She will let you know if there's something wrong.
    They might not live as long as us, but the love they give is endless.
    Maybe you can contact a mobile vet who can come to your house, once the time for euthanasia comes.
    Check out this website for more information:

https://www.lapoflove.com/