Thread: My cat doesn’t bury his poop!

My cat doesn’t bury his poop!

...and it STIIIIINKS! My roommate and I have started holding our noses the second we see him darting away from the litter box area because we know that means it's only a matter of seconds before the smell hits. He's well behaved and always uses his litter box, he just doesn't bury it. Does anybody else's cat do this?

P-U!!!

Yes. I have 6 cats, and 5 of them don't bury their poops. All I can figure is that, since they're indoors and safe, they don't see the need, because they don't have to stay safe from predators (my interpretation).
    It doesn't bother me. When I'm at home, I scoop right after them. When I come home from a 10 hour work day, it is a littler smellier.

Blog Entries
    That, I find weird. I have had so many cats over the yrs. and they bury their poo. Even my most recent kitten who was adopted so young. Lily buried her poo from the first time she shat. I buried a bit of my other cats poo in her first fresh litter right away. A little scoop of cat pee too. She did the deed right at once ,my cats are better than yours

Quote Originally Posted by mon View Post
    That, I find weird. I have had so many cats over the yrs. and they bury their poo. Even my most recent kitten who was adopted so young. Lily buried her poo from the first time she shat. I buried a bit of my other cats poo in her first fresh litter right away. A little scoop of cat pee too. She did the deed right at once ,my cats are better than yours
    My kitties thought that, as long as they using the litterbox, it would be ok.
    I'll them know that they're doing it all wrong and that they are a disappointment.
    I'm sure they'll get right on it!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cats4ever View Post
    My kitties thought that, as long as they using the litterbox, it would be ok.
    I'll them know that they're doing it all wrong and that they are a disappointment.
    I'm sure they'll get right on it!
    Ha-ha,ya, I just bet they will! I'll tell mine to stop fighting and waking me up at 5 A.M. That's gonna happen too! 😂 🙄

I had the same talk with them, and now they wake me up at 10 minutes BEFORE 5 instead of 5 .

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cats4ever View Post
    I had the same talk with them, and now they wake me up at 10 minutes BEFORE 5 instead of 5 .
    I'll bet that makes all the difference in the world! Very kind of them. Mia has decided to hurl in my slipper. If she can't find it, between the cushions on the leather couch is almost as good. This is new and very thoughtful 😻🙀